I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.
I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter.
Also, I hope Garmin-Blake and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.
Issues with the 2.70 firmware:
- After done workout, 24/7 stress measurement stops working (workaround: restart watch)
- True up is not working properly when linked to an older device which supports true up (like the Edge 1030)
- "Around me" not working (stuck on "Loading Map" screen) when launched from "Map" if ''North UP" is selected in map orientation settings. Works only if "Track UP" is used. Works with both map orientation settings when launched from "Navigate" - confirmed, resolved in 2.64 beta
- Hourly alert malfunction - seems to be resolved in 2.50
- Power meter "0 Offset" calibration never ends
- CPE in Systems => Settings => About is far too down in the list
- Altimeter graph is reset sometimes, but not every day - seems to be resolved in 2.50
- Yoga activitiy files are corrupt - seems to be resolved
- Backlight not turning off on the acitivity screen until GPS position is fixed.
Features missing in the 2.70 firmware:
- Backlight options after sunset on Gesture as well as Keys and Alerts - confirmed, added in 2.50
- Ability to disable LAP button - confirmed, added in 2.50
- Ability to disable/reassign DOWN hotkey function
- Sight'N'Go - confirmed, added in 2.64 beta
- Auto transition in triathlon mode
- Garmin Explore compatibility - confirmed, is now supported
- Stock digital watch face lacks ability to disable seconds
- Boating activity missing (was available on FR935)