This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Maps "Around Me" Not Working

Former Member
Former Member

When I open Maps and select Around Me, I get the never-ending loading maps screen. Anyone else seeing this or know what's going on?  Hard restart didn't help and maps are up to date. 

• Tried, shows "loading maps" for a few seconds and then it opens with a map.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Roland

I must have a corrupt file or something. Maps work fine, but "Around Me" just won't work. I've tried waiting 10+ minutes with no success. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Former Member

I just reinstalled my Maps with Express and "Around Me" still won't load.  I'm up for any suggestions and will try a restore to factory settings as a last resort.  I'm going out of town next week and was really looking forward to using this feature.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

After reading a thread in the Fenix forum, another person is having the same issue as me.  Rolandss has confirmed the feature is working on the European maps. Would someone using maps in the US be kind enough to check their watch and let me know if this feature is working for them? I'm wondering if it's an issue with the North American maps? 

• I’m in the U.S. and mine finds the POI “Around Me” fine. Takes a few seconds but then it shows a map with the icons, etc. I’m on the latest maps and firmware. 

SA

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to georgiawx

Thanks for testing it.  I'm at a loss then.  I don't want to restore to default and Garmin support isn't open until tomorrow. Strange everything works with Maps and Navigate, except "around me".  I suspect it must have something to do with a corrupt file. Express just reinstalls maps. I'm not sure if or what I can delete from any folders to clear maps out and then download again like day 1.

• Here is an image of it, tried to get this over sooner but had some tech issues haha.

SA

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

OK.  Maybe I'm just an idiot and I'm using my first watch with maps wrong.  If I select "Navigate", a map of where I'm at comes up and POI and Around Me works fine.  If I open "Maps", I'll get the same map on my screen, but Around Me just gets stuck with the loading map screen and there's no option under Maps for POI.  Is this by design?  Does Around Me only work with Navigate and not Maps?

• Now I see what you mean. Same here, if I launch "Around me" from maps it just displays "Loading Map". Certainly a bug.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Roland

OK, thanks for verifying that for me.