This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 Latest Firmware Bugs, Issues and Missing Features

I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.

I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter. 

Also, I hope Former Member and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.

Issues with previous firmware:

Features missing in the latest 5.00 firmware:

• PacePro from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • New ClimbPro gradient coloring from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • 6 data fields per page - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Graphical gauge data fields - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake with widget and app from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Estimated Sweat Loss post-workout from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Respiration Rate for all-day and sleep metrics from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Breathwork Exercises from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Yoga and Pilates Built-in workouts from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Widget glances from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.06 beta
  • Workout Animation functionality: For Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates from Venu/VA4 - added in 4.87 beta
  • Backcountry ski activity from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.29 beta

• Track recognition running mode from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Daily Workout Suggestions from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Grit and Flow in cycling from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Sleep tracking widget from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Map themes from Fenix6 - confirmed, should have been added during fall 2019
  • Battery modes/manager features from Fenix6
  • Did you start a workout on the watch or did you track using the day-to-day heartrate and Move IQ tracking?

I’ve noticed 2.70 tracks my home-work bike rides at 50 beats too low. Today my heart rate stayed at around 87 beats/min during the first 10 minutes of a ride, but when I started a cycling workout on my watch during the ride it jumped up to 145 in seconds and stayed consistent, even when stopping the workout and using the ’normal’ tracking for the remaining 10 minutes. Could be a coïncidence, but I feel OHR day-to-day tracking is off since 2.64 and also at 2.70, especially for bike rides.

• Which sensor hub version do you have? If it is 2.32 from beta firmware, there was a posting in another thread showing strange behavior. Maybe 2.70 and this particular sensor hub version do not work well together?

• Sorry for my question, is it possible that the v2.70 will not be installed by garmin connect mobile app at the moment? So i have to connect to garmin express? 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to 7455630

It shows 100% roll out, so it's my assumption it should be available on both platforms.  Do you have a ROW or APAC watch?

• How to find out this? I think it‘s a row becaused buy it in europe

• Former Member

Unfortunately, that is something I can't help you with.  I'm sure someone will see this shortly and be able to assist you.

• ok thanks. In garmin connect there is not a hidden feature to force the download or check if it is avaible?

• Former Member

No.  If it's available, it will start downloading when you do a sync.  Are you connected through wi-fi?  It may not download if you're connected to your cell provider due to the size.  Again, I'm not sure if that's the case.

• yeah i m connectet to wifi. And synced this day more than once and nothing is downloaded.

• If you have bought in Europe and there are typical European languages in System->Settings you have a ROW version.

Try hooking the 945 to Garmin Express and check for the update. I do not receive updates over the air, only linked to my Mac.