This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hourly alert

Wow is it BAD on the 945!  My 935 would occasionally give me an off alert, like 8:59, but with this watch it happens every day, often more than once a day!  And those are just the ones that I am looking at.  They are more than just a minute off too.  Today I saw 7:14.  Really?  And my watch shows the correct time so that's not it. 

• Just saw the hourly alert read 9:59 and then several minutes later 10:07.  This is not right.  This happens all day long.

• Try a hard reset and a GPS soak (as time comes from GPS) and see if that helps

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to chunkywizard

My hourly alerts are working fine.  As suggested, reset your watch and get a good GPS soak/fix. 

• Thanks, guys.  Sorry, what's a GPS soak?

• and do you mean a hard reset back to default settings deleting all my data?  Because I REALLY don't want to do that.  I've worked hard this month! :)  Or is there something else to reset that won't delete everything?

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to lindajm22

No, a hard reset isn't required.  A GPS soak is taking the watch off after it acquires a GPS fix and letting it sit still while it's using GPS for 20 mins plus.  I personally don't think it's required. I've owned several Garmin's and have never had them "soak" to receive a good GPS signal, but other's say it makes a difference. 

• ok, thanks.  I don't seem to be having a problem with GPS at all and my time is always correct.  I had seen this time alert problem every so often on my 935.  It just seems to be happening much more frequently with this watch.  I am ready to send it back and try for a third 945.  My altimeter never seems to be right either.

• Hi Linda, try a hard reset. This is pressing and holding the light button for 15 secs (even after the alert) and you will not lose any data (only a master reset does that). Also, if that doesn’t fix it, and you are going to send the watch back anyway you might as well try a master reset as you will lose data when setting up a new watch anyway. 

• By the way, I set my hourly alert just to check and the first one was spot on, so I’m not seeing the issue. 

• thanks!  I routinely do a hard reset probably a couple times a week, just to make sure everything is working properly.  I know I'm not the only one who ever saw this happen on the 935, and the 945 is so new and a lot of folks probably haven't turned this feature on yet.  I haven't seen it happen at all today.  Yesterday was a mess.  Saw it several times.  It's very random.  It is definitely happening a LOT more frequently than it did on my 935 though.