This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hourly alert

Wow is it BAD on the 945!  My 935 would occasionally give me an off alert, like 8:59, but with this watch it happens every day, often more than once a day!  And those are just the ones that I am looking at.  They are more than just a minute off too.  Today I saw 7:14.  Really?  And my watch shows the correct time so that's not it. 

• This was the one I saw at 10:07 that I reported about. I was quick enough to get a photo.

• that's not good! Only thing I can tell you is I put on the hourly alert yesterday and it has been perfect every hour since. :-(

• Yea, it doesn't happen all the time for me but with this watch it is happening at least every day and usually more than once a day.  Not something I can count on.  I paid too much for something like this to be happening, and I seem to be the only one so far.  I think I'm going to have a chat with the retailer today about exchanging (again). <sigh>

• I have had my THIRD 945 since last Thursday and I am seeing this hourly alert malfunction on this current watch several times a day.  At least 3-4 times I saw it today.  How am I the only one who has seen this?  I have seen it on all three 945s.  Does anyone else even use the hourly alert?

• Hi Linda, that proves it isn't a hardware issue, but a software one. I bet if you factory reset the watch it would work fine. It's some other setting combination or 3rd party app that is causing the issue. Do you know which settings you have changed from the default? I'd also log this with support so they know about the issue

• I agree with ChunkyWizard that this sounds like a SW issue, as it's happened for you on 3 945's, but it also doesn't seem to be common with others.  That makes me think it might be something about your set up.  

Just a guess, but as a test, try turning off bluetooth for a few hours, and see if they are appearly correctly.  I'm thinking that there might be something with the time on your phone impacting this as it might be trying to adjust the watch to that time when you sync and gets confused.  It's not a fix, but maybe a clue....

• Thanks, guys.  I have stopped using CIQ watch faces because I have had problems with them in the past.  The ONLY other things I have installed are the Stryd Power data field and the Garmin Combo Running Power data field.  That's it.  I have, of course, gone through all of the settings and changed things the way I want them.  I mean, I've added the widgets I want (not CIQ) and I've added the Controls I want, and I've changed things like sound/vibe settings, added alarms, sensors and music, but that shouldn't make the watch malfunction like this, right?  I was also having this problem on the 935, and like I've said, others confirmed that they were also having the same problem, and Garmin actually messaged me and said they fixed it in an update, but it wasn't actually fixed.  Most of the hourly alerts are fine, but I do get at least a couple every day that are off.  And my watch and phone show exactly the same time, right down to the last second. 

• I ordered the watch over the weekend and hope to get it in the next few days, I will try out the hourly chime and report back here.

I tend to agree with the others that this looks like a software issue. If you have much of the same widgets/settings that you had on the 935 on the 945, I bet it's likely there's something in those that's causing the problem. It is possible that the 935 had the bug, and Garmin fixed it as you mentioned, but that it didn't impact you because of your specific setup. I agree this shouldn't happen.

I wonder if you would continue to have this problem it you disabled some of these settings. Might be worth trying. I'll let you know about my experience once I get the watch.

• I have nothing installed from the CIQ store.  I have just the typical Garmin widgets, nothing from CIQ . . notifications, weather, My Day, Performance, Training Status, Last Run, Garmin Coach, stuff like that.  All my apps are Garmin, Run, Bike, Treadmill, Walk, Hike, Strength, Yoga, Cardio, it's all Garmin, no CIQ apps have been installed.  It's all just stuff that is already on the watch.  I don't see anything that is different than what anyone else would have, really.  I've changed the data fields on my run/bike apps, I've added audio prompts, I've updated my user profile, I've set up Livetrack and incident detection, nothing more than anyone else.  I can't see anything that I have changed that isn't typical.  I think the reason that nobody else is seeing this, well, two reasons, are that the 945 is so new, and that most people don't turn on the hourly alert.

• Ok, well, that narrows it down, I'll let you know what I experience.