This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 Latest Firmware Bugs, Issues and Missing Features

I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.

I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter. 

Also, I hope Former Member and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.

Issues with previous firmware:

Features missing in the latest 5.00 firmware:

• PacePro from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • New ClimbPro gradient coloring from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • 6 data fields per page - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Graphical gauge data fields - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake with widget and app from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Estimated Sweat Loss post-workout from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Respiration Rate for all-day and sleep metrics from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Breathwork Exercises from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Yoga and Pilates Built-in workouts from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Widget glances from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.06 beta
  • Workout Animation functionality: For Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates from Venu/VA4 - added in 4.87 beta
  • Backcountry ski activity from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.29 beta

• Track recognition running mode from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Daily Workout Suggestions from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Grit and Flow in cycling from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Sleep tracking widget from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Map themes from Fenix6 - confirmed, should have been added during fall 2019
  • Battery modes/manager features from Fenix6
  • Strange. I am on 2.70 also and have sensor hub version 2.30.

• Well, with 2.70 my music auto-starts when I connect my Trekz Air over bluetooth. With previous versions (inc 2.64 beta) I had to explicitly press play. An "antibug" perhaps :)

• Maybe it's because I updated from 2.64 beta?

• Most probable, yes. Which is a somehow inconsistent overall state as I suppose 2.70 is not tested thoroughly with sensor hub 2.32.

• Please add Vol+ not working for certain headphones (Jaybird Run XT, Aftersokz Aeropex, ...) to list.

• Issue with 2.70

my watch got auto-updated to 2.70 on August 14th along with some sensor updates ~ 5 AM ( I didn't pay too much attention as I was getting out for my workout). However now I think something's off in the way in which my HR/workout stats at the gym are getting measured/logged.

•  for the exact same routine with similar weights, tempo, reps, timing, time of workout my avg HR is down from ~145-150 to 115-120. Max is down as well from ~175 and a min or so in Zone 5 vs. <140 at the peak.
    • Load also seems to have dropped from ~150 to ~20-30 (true also of aerobic and anaerobic) which makes no sense whatsoever given I've possibly tried to push harder today (than the similar workout on Monday given my HR shock yesterday)
    •  I haven't tried this on a run - so not sure if the issue is isolated to "strength"

Anyone else experience similar issues? And any suggestions on fixing this?

Thanks.

• No. Did a strength training workout yesterday with 2.70 and OHR was slightly higher than usual which could well be a result of doing bike intervals shortly before. All ok for me.

• I am having issues with the new update as well.

• My sleep tracking sees fine with Deep sleep getting captured
    • My HR is the same in app and on watchface but in general it feels lower than what is during the workday by maybe a few beats off the usual I experience - could just be that I'm having an easy day 
    • Stress levels seem lower - again could just be random (I'm usually ~25 on average everyday but right now am >20 since the update)
    • OHR - this during a "strength" session has been ridiculously low. Last time I experienced this was on Vivo Active 3 which started this way and ultimately started to show a HR < walking HR!

I'm trying to work with customer support to figure out a fix. Will keep posted if anything works.

• The "Last Interval Stroke count" is still missing from the pool swim. It was available on the 910XT way way back...