This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Backlight options "after sunset" not found

It seems that all the option to switch on backlight after Sunset is not present on FR945 even on the latest 2.40 software. This concerns brightness on "Keys and alerts" and on "Gesture".
This was working on FR935 and on Fenix5, so I do not understand why it has been removed. I have pre-ordered FR945 but now I might cancel it as being able to switch on the backlight only in the evening for me is an important feature that also saves battery. Could someone from Garmin please reply if this is just a temporary bug that is going to be solved or FR945 will not have these backlight options?
Garmin-Blake
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    This is the dumbest thing with firmwares for garmins watches, when at the same point of time with the actual products you have different functions that do not depend on hardware at all, like this topic. On my 645 I can't set brightness, it always 100%. Why? But I have "after sunset" option. But 945 hasn't. On my vivoactive 3 I can't turn off HR or activity tracker separately, but on 645 I can. Is it really that hard to make the same firmware where there are no hardware limitations?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago
    for me and some others
    this is the biggest missing annoying firmware feature Garmin has today
    vvvvv
    FR935 APAC firmware has a menu item to turn on or off the warning message "do not forget to remove your dynamic running pod"
    FR935 ROW firmware does not contain such routine (getting this message back you have to reset your device to default)

go figure....

anyone topping this one ;)
  • for me and some others
    this is the biggest missing annoying firmware feature Garmin has today
    vvvvv
    FR935 APAC firmware has a menu item to turn on or off the warning message "do not forget to remove your dynamic running pod"
    FR935 ROW firmware does not contain such routine (getting this message back you have to reset your device to default)

go figure....

anyone topping this one ;)

Oh yea, that's a good one! I dismissed the RD Pod message on my 935 early on and couldn't get it back because I wasn't willing to reset my watch. I am VERY careful now on my 945 when that message pops up. I really wish they would add that option to turn it on or off.
  • Please bring the feature back.
  • The option to have your gesture turned on After Sunset only will be added back in a future update. We apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.