This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Transition?

I read somewhere that the 945 has the option of auto transition within triathlon mode? It certainly doesn't have this from the factory, but any ideas on if they plan to release this within an update?
  • Good question I had been wondering too at least on Fenix 6 now...

Apparently in the Swimrun activity this is possible, but not in Triathlon...yet. 

Because now Wahoo Rival can do this, I guess a SW update will follow soon??

• Nice that you've clearly searched and dug up a 2-year old thread. However, in my experience with swimrun, auto transition causes more problems than it's worth. And all for the sake of a button press or two.

• It is possible, but it's crap so it's turned off. We don't need more features that really doesn't work.

• I have idea to fix these auto transition issues, with courses!

Multisport routes. Routes that would have auto transitions of sports! You could add points to the course creation where to change the sport or mark the triathlon transitions. This would be really nice with triathlons and swimruns. Just think about it, you just do the sports and the watch automatically makes the transitions without the risk that "autotransition" goes wrong.

This would be really nice feature, I would love it and could see it as a feature to pay upgrade to next watch :D 

• Watch OS 9+ from Apple can automatically transition between swim, cycle and run. I cannot see this option in the manual for 945 or 955. There is only an option to "Press at the beginning and end of each transition"

• There was auto detection in for example swimrun, that was buggy, not seeing that in newer watches.

Probably reason there isn't that, is that it didn't work nicely. Transition with lap is kind of nice and guaranteed to work if you remember to press it.

That route suggestion was just how one could easily automate it with trust that it will do what it is supposed to be doing, mark to the route that when transitions happen. Of course probably for very niche user group would want to do that, but it would be really nice feature :D