This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 Latest Firmware Bugs, Issues and Missing Features

I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.

I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter. 

Also, I hope Former Member and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.

Issues with previous firmware:

Features missing in the latest 5.00 firmware:

• PacePro from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • New ClimbPro gradient coloring from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • 6 data fields per page - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Graphical gauge data fields - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake with widget and app from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Estimated Sweat Loss post-workout from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Respiration Rate for all-day and sleep metrics from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Breathwork Exercises from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Yoga and Pilates Built-in workouts from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Widget glances from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.06 beta
  • Workout Animation functionality: For Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates from Venu/VA4 - added in 4.87 beta
  • Backcountry ski activity from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.29 beta

• Track recognition running mode from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Daily Workout Suggestions from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Grit and Flow in cycling from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Sleep tracking widget from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Map themes from Fenix6 - confirmed, should have been added during fall 2019
  • Battery modes/manager features from Fenix6
  • Body battery doesn't work for some time after swimming Sleepy

• did you do a soft reset of the watch since it appeared first?

• I went for a run this morning and afterwards noticed estimated sweat loss in the data. I'm on 3.77 beta firmware. It looks like this has been added.

• The gesture setting doesn’t seem to be working properly. When I lift my wrist, nothing happens. I have checked all Do Not Disturb settings, and ensure that gesture is on for both watch and activity modes. Is there a fix I’m not aware of? 

• Hi,

there is also an option for Left/Right wrist. Maybe that’s the problem? Cheers

• Max heart rate is frequently reset to the "220 minus age"-prediction (after ever run/sync?) even when "automatic identification" is turned off for maximum heart rate! And I cannot use "Auto detect" either. Always reset to 178 even if I just run a run with AVERAGE heart rate of 182 and maximum heart rate of 204! This was NOT the case when I bought it so happened with some update. I sync with Garmin Connect for Android and use HRM-Tri chest strap for the heart rate when running.

Firmware version 4.00 (17bdab6)

Seriously Garmin! This is horribly bad for a watch as expensive as this one! Don't you have any regression and automatic testing of your firmware??? FIX THIS NOW!!

• FIX THIS NOW!!

The fix is probably on your side with your settings.  No one else has reported this problem.  Both mine and my neighbor's watch doesn't have this problem and we're both on the beta 4.06.

• No, you're wrong. This is not a settings issue on my side. Did you read what I wrote that I have "auto detect" off for maximum heart rate? And according to the manual: "NOTE: The device detects a maximum heart rate only when your heart rate is higher than the value set in your user profile." Source: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner945/EN-US/GUID-0EDC68E3-D886-48D2-B624-AA634739B421.html I have 204 set as maximum heart rate and it is reset to 178 which is 220 minus my age. It should never be reset to a lower value than set in the user profile according to the manual.

And you are wrong again about "no one else has reported this problem". Several persons has the exact same problem for the 245 which uses the same code for this functionality since it is basically the same watch for the base functions. I'm a software engineer. You always share code for the same functionality if possible. Others with the same problem: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-245-series/213186/max-heart-rate-resetting

So just because you and your neighbor doesn't have the problem doesn't mean that others don't. You're not even using the official (and same) firmware. And is your use case the same? You're also using syncing towards Garmin Connect on Android and using the HRM-Tri chest strap for heart rate monitoring?

Anyway, I and others HAVE this problem and didn't have it on earlier firmware and I have not changed my settings. Someone ALWAYS has to be first to report a problem so I don't see the point of your post except for wasting my time so I have to make another post to make Garmin do something about it. I'm really disappointed with this very expensive but quite bad watch with so many bugs.

Ping:Former Member

• This is not a settings issue on my side.

You stated you made your settings in GCM. Have you gone to Garmin Connect online, made the settings, and then synced?  If your setting is wrong in Connect online, it will change your settings in GCM and your watch every time you sync.