This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 Latest Firmware Bugs, Issues and Missing Features

I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.

I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter. 

Also, I hope Former Member and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.

Issues with previous firmware:

Features missing in the latest 5.00 firmware:

• PacePro from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • New ClimbPro gradient coloring from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • 6 data fields per page - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Graphical gauge data fields - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake with widget and app from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Estimated Sweat Loss post-workout from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Respiration Rate for all-day and sleep metrics from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Breathwork Exercises from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Yoga and Pilates Built-in workouts from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Widget glances from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.06 beta
  • Workout Animation functionality: For Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates from Venu/VA4 - added in 4.87 beta
  • Backcountry ski activity from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.29 beta

• Track recognition running mode from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Daily Workout Suggestions from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Grit and Flow in cycling from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Sleep tracking widget from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Map themes from Fenix6 - confirmed, should have been added during fall 2019
  • Battery modes/manager features from Fenix6
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Cyril_E

I'm glad to see they gave us the ability to disable the lap key.  I'm a little disappointed that nothing's mentioned about the "around me" feature not working when orientation is set to "north up", adding "Sight n' Go", "stress" reading stopping after an activity, or the magically disappearing last 4 hr altimeter screen. 

• Isn‘t that automatically turned on, and yes it‘s on i checked it now to be sure? It doesn‘t need to be turned on, when garmin pay is setup it still stay on without this setting turned to on. The last two times code was needed after activities. In the activity i can‘t see a interrupt of heartrate, so i can‘t explain why the fr945 meens the watch was took off. I wear the watch closley at my arm, so it can‘t move during activity.

Edit: Now I analyse the heartrate curve. I saw now, that some times 9 sec i don't have a measurement (when the points, where the curser an positioned are the measuerment points). The measurement rate changes beetween 1 sek until 9 sek. Why this "measurements breaks"? 9 sek is a long time. 

• Thank you. 

• Enable phone position injection to improve GPS fix times after moving long distances

Where can I find this? 

• Thanks. I have updated the first post to reflect changes made in 2.48 beta.

• I don't think its an option, syncing with the phone will just update the watch if you are in a new place with better start position, which allows faster gps locking.

E.g. if you fly from europe to the usa your phone already knows you are in dallas, but your watch does not. If you were to start an activity now it would take longer because the watch would think it is still in europe and require more convincing to actually lock a dallas location. If you sync with your phone before that run the phone can tell the watch we are in dallas now, and the watch will sync faster.

• There's a FW bug on both the 245 and 945 relating to this.  I write watchfaces and heard about a trick to get around it.

The watch face needa a location for sunrise/set, and what should happen is the watchface can get that from the last activity that used GPS.  But with this bug, that's not available.

So what you do is start something like "run" and wait for a GPS fix.  Without leaving "run":, long press "up" to get to a menu, and then use down to get to "watch face".  Then press the upper right button.  You should see the CIQ watch face, and since GPS is currently running, it can get the location.  Then, back out and you should be all set!

You may want to use an activity other than "run" if "run" has CIQ data field.

• 2.48 BodyBattery/Stress Bug still NOT solved

• I think my highest priority is the MASS STORAGE. Like all my other Garmin, edge...instinct...935... this is the main reason I don't use Suunto or Polar!

I'm so happy to have music and maps, but I want MY music and MY maps. Then, I want to clean my activities folder, I want to extract the activity file without connection. PLEASE. 

• If you are running OSX then this will helpp: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

But I'm with you: wish back the ol' times were a watch was mountable on OSX as an USB device ...