This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 Latest Firmware Bugs, Issues and Missing Features

I made this thread because I thought it'd be useful to consolidate all problems that users have with the latest firmware on FR945 as well as features that we would like to see brought back from older models, like FR935 and Fenix 5+.

I will try to update the first post if the problems are solved or missing features added. Please report all firmware issues you encounter. 

Also, I hope Former Member and other forum members from Garmin will read this thread and help as to improve our watch.

Issues with previous firmware:

Features missing in the latest 5.00 firmware:

• PacePro from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • New ClimbPro gradient coloring from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • 6 data fields per page - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Graphical gauge data fields - confirmed, added in 3.08 beta
  • Hydration tracking to manually track liquid intake with widget and app from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Estimated Sweat Loss post-workout from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.90
  • Respiration Rate for all-day and sleep metrics from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Breathwork Exercises from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Yoga and Pilates Built-in workouts from Venu/VA4 - confirmed, added in 3.77 beta
  • Widget glances from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.06 beta
  • Workout Animation functionality: For Strength, Cardio, Yoga, Pilates from Venu/VA4 - added in 4.87 beta
  • Backcountry ski activity from Fenix6 - confirmed, added in 4.29 beta

• Track recognition running mode from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Daily Workout Suggestions from FR745* - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Grit and Flow in cycling from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Sleep tracking widget from Fenix6*  - confirmed, will be added soon
  • Map themes from Fenix6 - confirmed, should have been added during fall 2019
  • Battery modes/manager features from Fenix6
  • Since nobody else has reported this, might be problem with your 945. Please let us know if the replacement watch works well.

• Well here is my list of Bugs/Wishes.

1. the green LEDs are always blinking, although i am using an strap, which is definately connected.

2. Sometimes connecting to ANT+ Sensors (Speed or Cadence Sensor) is not succesfull (restart of the watch, solved the problems everytime)

3. Active Calories are way to less
        ( i have several days where i did a bike-tour, which gives me ca. 900 -1000 kcal, all paired with an powermeter, but the overall active calories
          for these days are only 300-400 kcals)

4. GPS is less accurate as in previous watches (F5, Forerunner 935) (regdardless of GPS only, GPS+Galileo or GPS+Glonass)

5. during activity mode, i can not switch back to the watchface (longer press down -> leads to music player) how can i change that?

6. custom watchfaces doesn't get always GPS data for Sunrise/Sunset

7. custom watchfaces sometimes get crashed, then i get the default watchface, but like magic, the custom watchface comes up again, without           any intervention.

8. sticky/mushy buttons, the buttons are very poor manufactured, as long they are functioning it is okay, if they get broken,
        i will send the watch to garmin for exchange.

thats it for now....

• Well, the thing about this malfunction is that many people saw it on the 935, so it is not a new issue, and Garmin was aware and had acknowledged it (and actually posted that they had fixed it at one point in a firmware update, but it had not been fixed).  I am just the first one who has also seen it on the 945.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Hey Rolandss.  If you haven't done so yet, you may want to give support a call about "around me" not loading maps while using the "Maps" app.  I called this morning and I was told there's no history about this issue.  I'm sending them a copy of my Garmin folder now and they said anyone else experiencing this issue should contact them so it can be escalated if necessary.

• Saw a very strange behaviour with battery Life - did connect my H10 yesterday - and left the watch on "searching" which should not drain battery life - wenr to bed with 57 and battery died after 4 more hours ... very strange - I charged it again and now it stays consistently at 42 % - which also seems odd to me any suggestions ? Known bug ?

• Seeing approximately the same issues with my battery.  I'm feeling quite disappointed. My 935 lasted much longer.  

• Strava segments dont seem to work as they should. It enters the segment mode but keeps spamming own race time+friend's PR time times on screen multiple times.. and it displays segment pr always after same activity type even if activity didnt contain the segment.

Also concerned about battery life. Seems much  worse than on fr935. Total -37% in 2.5 days with 1 hour of gps activity without music, pulseox or maps.

• 5. during activity mode, i can not switch back to the watchface (longer press down -> leads to music player) how can i change that?

This is new approach - hard-code Music player function on DOWN button. You can try to reconfigure MENU - System - Hot Keys - something like START + DOWN - Widgets. It is not handy, agree. Personally I always reconfigure default DOWN to the native old meaning - Widgets, and BACK to call Music player.

NB: 935 device did not have hot keys at all, built on the same platform as f5.

• Nice approach. I can cofirm this issue. Definitely they will get my report soon.