This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 series & Venu SW 7.10 causing multiple user issues (meta thread)

vivoactive 4 Series

Just wanted to create this meta-thread to highlight (to Garmin admins and developer/customer support) that there now seem to be multiple forum threads where users are highlighting major usability issues since update 7.10 for Venu and Vivoactive 4 series. For example, these are the threads that I can see (judging by title):

Thanks in advance for any work-around/bugfix that Garmin can rollout (urgently). I've tried downgrading a Vivoactive 4S to 7.01 BETA (using the normal file-transfer method), but the watch does not auto-update and just removes the file.

• Follow the instructions at the bottom of the post, for the "_690" firmware file, noting that:

These directions are not clear. (place the GUPDATE_690.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder)  That folder does not exist on my Mac. Where can I find it?

• That folder exists on your Garmin watch.

First, ensure that your watch is connected to your Mac via its USB cable.

The Mac should "mount" it and allow you to browse files on the watch, where you should see the "GARMIN" folder.

Put a copy of the GUPDATE_690.GCD file into that folder, and then rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD.

Then disconnect your watch from the Mac USB connection. The watch should immediately start the update process (downgrade to 6.90 using that file).

• Hi my Vivoactive 4 is suffering with the blank screen on custom watchfaces, connect IQ error and message of memory full in connect IQ when its showing 8mb free. this is all after the auto update of 7.10 firmware. How long until we can expect the fix for this firmware? its been 5 days already and no fix. Should i try and fix your errors myself by rolling back the firmware or put up with a restricted functioning device until you release the fix for the firmware?

Please advise, 

Unhappy Garmin user 

• I couldn't find the folder because my watch wasn't mounting. Had to download software to access it. However, after following the above instructions, it does not start the update process. Manual software update finds nothing.

• Thank you for providing your feedback after the update to 7.10. Garmin is aware of an issue impacting vivoactive 4, 4S, and Venu watches.  We have identified the issue and have released an update as a Public Beta. To update your watch walk through the following: 

1. Power your watch off and back on.
    2. Enroll in the Public Beta in Garmin Connect.
      1. Use FAQ: https://support.garmin.com/?faq=bVo5U5BV292BSr2gkZhY2A for instructions.
    3. Sync with Garmin Express. 
      1. See FAQ https://support.garmin.com/?faq=IB1TjAKZso2F6mKr3hYqy9f or instructions to download and install Garmin Express

After you enroll and sync your watch, BETA software version 7.20 will be installed and you should no longer experience the issue of your watch no longer syncing, Connect IQ watch faces no longer displaying, or activities no longer saving. 

We expect this software version to go to production in the next couple of days.   

If you experience any new or reoccurring issues after installing the BETA 7.20 update please see, https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/vivoactive-4-series/305561/new-public-beta-for-vivoactive-4-4s---sw-7-20