This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 series & Venu SW 7.10 causing multiple user issues (meta thread)

vivoactive 4 Series

Just wanted to create this meta-thread to highlight (to Garmin admins and developer/customer support) that there now seem to be multiple forum threads where users are highlighting major usability issues since update 7.10 for Venu and Vivoactive 4 series. For example, these are the threads that I can see (judging by title):

Thanks in advance for any work-around/bugfix that Garmin can rollout (urgently). I've tried downgrading a Vivoactive 4S to 7.01 BETA (using the normal file-transfer method), but the watch does not auto-update and just removes the file.

• For 2 days in a row around 10A.M.(Amsterdam time). Saturday I lost 8.000 steps and my record counter broke… Saturday I restarted and screen was up again, step counting ok,  but app didn’t synchronise. Today screen re-appeared after some 10 minutes… just to be sure synchronized myself. Any suggestions please?

• Connecting to GE solved the loss of data…see what happens tomorrow

• Although downgrade to 7.01 did not work, downgrade back to 6.90 seems to have made our Vivoactive 4S stable again. I'm hoping we can stop it from auto-updating until Garmin fix 7.10.

• I'll see how it goes and let you know. I'm was kinda hoping that if a user has intentionally downgraded, the phone (and Garmin Connect) wouldn't update until confirmed by the user.

IMHO, if auto-update is always enabled and always silent, then there doesn't seem to be any point in offering customers the ability to downgrade at all.

• then there doesn't seem to be any point in offering customers the ability to downgrade at all.

The watch firmware is always automatically updated to the latest available official (non-beta) firmware.

If you decide to test beta firmware, you have the possibility to downgrade to the latest official firmware - in this case it will not be automatically updated to beta firmware - but once the new official firmware is available, it will be pushed to the device (without the possibility to reject it).

I've been trying to avoid forced updates by filling internal storage.... Arrow right Any workaround to disable automatic firmware updates?

• Good to know! Thank you!

• I have two custom watch faces installed, and I have found that these turn completely black after a period of time.  Only the custom watch face screen goes black - I can cycle through widgets, start activities, etc, but I can't see the clock!  When this happens, I can either:
    a) Press and hold the bottom button and change to a standard watch face.
    b) Press and hold the top button to power off the watch.  When I restart, the custom watch faces work again.  After some time (half a day or so), the screen goes black again, and I need to restart again to recover.

Very annoying.

• Is it just me, or is the dimmed screen even dimmer now?  I can't read the clock time at all unless I flick my wrist or touch the screen to wake it up.  I think it was brighter before.  I can't see a brightness control (there is one, but affects the watch display as a whole, not in dim mode?)

• It boggles my mind that an update so riddled with errors passed QA. Almost makes you wonder if it was some angry employee who did this.

The reset did not fix anything for me. Custom watchface still goes blank once or twice a day...