This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

After the 7.10 update I have massive problems

Several times per day the screen only displays "IQ" for something like 10 - 15 mins. since this update. Or remains completely black. 

In this state it does not react to any button presses, so no reboot possible!

While in this state it takes longer for Connect or Connect IQ to report connected, but actually no data can be exchanged between my Android (A52) and Venu. 

After this long wait it finally reruns to normal operations.

Very bad QA for this release.

Please fix this asap or revert back to previous OS.

• Hi

I've updated from Beta 7.01 to the new release 7.10. The update worked fine, but since running 7.10 my custom watch faces, tested even Garmin ones, don't anymore work. They just show a black screen. The built in ones are working though. 

Also it seems that I can't sync new watch faces from my mobile (Android with latest Garmin App) anymore. I could delete my old watch face though, but new ones don't seem to get synced.

Do you also have that issue?

One more thing, the Sensor Hub and Touch Screen firmware don't seem to have been updated.

• Same here, but noted that the watch faces came back for a few hours when I (re)synced my watch in the Connect app. After a few hours the watch faces disappeared again and I had to do a new (re)sync).  I also noted that the sleep monitoring stopped working tonight, probably at the time the watch faces stopped working.

• I did now a forced reboot and afterwards the watch faces started to sync again and at the moment it looks good. 

• I had the same issue, but I had to re-install my watch faces and my apps to get them working again.  The first time I tried it told me that I didn't have enough memory even though it also said that I had no apps installed and all the memory free.  Then a couple of hours later watch face and app installs started working.  This make me not want to install any more updates.

• I had the same issues (watch faces going blank) on Vivoactive 4S:

• Tried uninstall, reinstall.
    • Default watch faces also disappeared (black screen).
    • Out of memory error.

Our unit firmware (for what it's worth):

• SW v7.10
    • GPS v5.40
    • ANT/BLE/BT v8.02
    • WiFi v2.60
    • TSC v2.05
    • Sensor 20.04
    • WHR v5.00.05
    • Connect IQ: System 5
    • BMX v5.0.5
    • Secondary BMX v0.8.0
    • API Level 3.3.3

Failed bug-fix or regression?

Interestingly, one of the new bug-fixes mentioned in the release notes for v7.10 states:

"Fixed an issue where default watch faces sometimes wouldn't show up."

I suspect this change is related and perhaps needed more testing?

• Is this just a weird coincidence (735XT and 935 running its "v7.10" having watch face problems, 5+ years ago)?!

forums.garmin.com/.../new-watch-faces-don-t-display-revert-to-digital-display

Also:

forums.garmin.com/.../software-version-7-10-now-available-phased-rollout-100

• Today my watch custom face died again. 

• I've had to restart my watch three or four times since yesterday as my watch face dies. Is it possible to downgrade the FW?

• Is it possible to downgrade the FW?

Yes, download the latest beta firmware Arrow right Venu software version 7.01 Beta

Follow step #4 in the install instructions

4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE_690.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE_690.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.

But.... because you (as the owner of the watch) are not able to disable automatic updates, downgrade is just temporary and forced update will replace previous version of the firmware soon Expressionless

I've been trying to avoid forced automatic updates... no solution yet... Arrow right Any workaround to disable automatic firmware updates?

• Thanks! I might give it a go.