This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 series & Venu SW 7.10 causing multiple user issues (meta thread)

vivoactive 4 Series

Just wanted to create this meta-thread to highlight (to Garmin admins and developer/customer support) that there now seem to be multiple forum threads where users are highlighting major usability issues since update 7.10 for Venu and Vivoactive 4 series. For example, these are the threads that I can see (judging by title):

Thanks in advance for any work-around/bugfix that Garmin can rollout (urgently). I've tried downgrading a Vivoactive 4S to 7.01 BETA (using the normal file-transfer method), but the watch does not auto-update and just removes the file.

• Yesterday installed the 7.10 update and all IQ watchfaces and widgets freeze during activity, or show black screen, or show IQ-logo. Also the watch can't find my music anymore, but i have 30+ mp3 songs in the music folder that worked before installing.

WORST UPDATE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see on other forums that this problem goes around other watches as well.

• Yes, this is a huge issue as the moment... It has somehow troubles with persisting data in CIQ apps/widgets/watchfaces.

• Maybe i found a solution:

1) Reinstalled 7.10 by connecting to Garmin Express and restarted the watch - PROBLEMS NOT SOLVED

2) Reinstalled all IQ widgets and apps and restarted the watch - PROBLEMS NOT SOLVED

3) Pressed the start/stop button 15 seconds, thus resetting the watch - PROBLEMS SEEM SOLVED

I just did a 10k run with music, and everything worked as before. Well, still getting strange altitudes (30-40m whilst I live on sealevel), but that is another issue.

• That's great news. Keep us informed on how this goes after a while. Hope it just keeps going great and doesn't crash again.

• Getting IQ alert! Icon on blank screen. Happened since yesterday intermittently 
  • Did you try to reset your watch as another user in this thread has suggested?

• I posted a meta-thread (currently under review), with links to all the recent Vivoactive 4 series and Venu forum threads that highlight user issues since updating to 7.10.

I just downgraded our unit to 6.90 (because 7.10 was literally unusable), and keeping fingers crossed that it stabilises the watch until Garmin patch/fix 7.10.

In case anyone else wants to try the downgrade, head to the 7.01 BETA update and follow the downgrade instructions (using file "GUPDATE_690.GCD"): www8.garmin.com/.../download_details.jsp

• My meta-thread post is currently under review with Garmin (I think the large number of links to other forum threads triggered a SPAM warning). Anyway, assuming the forum admins approve it, the link will be: forums.garmin.com/.../vivoactive-4-series-venu-sw-7-10-causing-multiple-user-issues-meta-thread

• I just downgraded our unit to 6.90 (because 7.10 was literally unusable), and keeping fingers crossed that it stabilises the watch until Garmin patch/fix 7.10.

Could you please let us know how you keep the older firmware on the watch?

As far as I know it's not possible to disable automatic firmware update on Vivo/Venu products -> your watch will be updated from 6.90 back to 7.10 once you miss the prompt to delay the update (at night for sure).

• Yesterday recording a 10k run worked fine after resetting. Later that evening i went cycling and my IQ-datascreen freezed again. Luckily the activity showed up complete after synchronizing. Today my IQ-watchface suddenly was exchanged for a standard Garmin watchface. In Garmin Express now all IQ-apps show uninstalled. It seems update 7.10 screws all IQ-related stuff.