This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Mushy/sticky buttons

Trying to get a feel from others if the buttons on their 945 are as bad as mine are. The UP/DOWN buttons in particular seem to get stuck and, while they work, they don't fully actuate with the normal 'click'.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to RM

added thx

• Just wanted to add my experience... ordered in Germany (unfortunately have no serial-no as I sent back already). Buttons were working fine at the begining, after three days (testing and pressing buttons a lot)  the up-button got sticky, the other buttons were working fine. I assume I have pressed down and up button nearly the same time. I definetly like the watch and even it is just an "feeling issue" because functionality of up-buton was working I expect same behaviour of buttons over the time. Hope you engineers are able to fix this issue...

• My buttons are ok (not as sturdy as f5x+).

I put vibration and bip...so when i click i get good feedback

• I received this morning my replacement from Garmin, this unit seems perfect but I wouldn't want to talk too soon... however, serial is 5Z6027XXX

• Hopefully they have this sorted out. However, mine out of the box seamed fine. Within a couple of days all the buttons were sticking or stuck ...

Please let us know how those buttons hold up after a few uses. I'm returning mine, but am waiting for my retailer to get units in store so I can try an exchange. I'm hesitant to go get  a replacement with Garmin, since I'm not sure I would still be able to return to retailer if replacement is no good ...

Thanks

• Ok, finger crossed...but o don't want to be too optimistic...

• Update: I got in touch with Garmin support and received a new 945 two days later. The buttons seem good so far, so hopefully my initial device was just part of a bad batch. 

• What is your serial number?

• I just bought a 945. Was a bit hesitant after all the button issues people are having. My local running store (in the Netherlands) had one in stock (black one). They let me try it in the store. Luckily the buttons on this one are all perfectly fine. All of them are clicky and they do not stick.

I also have a Fenix 3hr. The feel of the 945 buttons is a little bit softer. But not that much. I would not describe this as mushy. Let's hope they stay this way.

SN: 5Z6015xxx

• After first 2 days buttons of this new units have lost "click" and have become softer like previous unit... i can still fell minor "click", but doesn't feel for sure like Fenix 5X Plus's button... At this point i really don't know what to do, live with it or try another exchange, but seeing this topic i think i'll live with it...