Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Mine would crash whenever it attempted to connect to wifi.

• My Garmin Fenix 7 Solar after latest 16.xx beta started to randomly rebooting, curiosity when in my pocket (I'm a nurse). After the lastest update,17.16b, the issue continues... I'm starting to get mad...

• Multiple threads over these forums, 14 pages of comments and counting... what would it take for Garmin to take this issue SERIOUSLY?

I've been having those issues at EVERY single run for 1.5 month (my way to the park goes by a couple of traffic lights, resuming after manually pausing the watch causes it to crash) - this is simply NOT acceptable for a watch paid full price (650€ upon release in Apr 22) which is now turned into a brick following an update that Garmin installed on our watches without our content.

FIX IT Garmin - you are no longer alone on this market and competition is right around the corner.

• Love it. Garmin seems a bit lost and, frankly, somewhat apathetic…

• But very interesting, though, your report. My Fenix 7 freezes every time I start an activity in my house. No problem at work, at the gym, in other areas or locations whatsoever, never outdoors. But the second I come into the vicinity of my WIFI with an ongoing activity- done. The watch freezes immediately.

• It definitely occurs following a pause, manual in my case. I can confirm everything works accordingly if the activity doesn't include any pause.
    Runs are initiated outside (not connected to Wi-Fi, also phone is left at home). Issue usually occurs following 2nd or 3rd pause (there are 5 traffic lights on my way to the park and I noticed the watch randomly crashes a couple of seconds after resuming the activity either at 3rd, 4th or 5th light).

• I have the freezing issue as well whenever I manually pause an activity for longer then a few seconds. This weekend I had a cycling activity which I paused for 15 minutes or so. When I wanted to continue the activity the whole watch was completely frozen on the pause screen and took a hard reset to turn off and later on again, after which it fortunately did remember the activity I was doing.

• I am seeing the exact same behavior, but sometimes it also happens during auto pause. I had that setup in cycling activities for when I'm stopping at traffic lights. After 99k, it crashed on auto pause at the final traffic light before finishing the course.

I have since disabled auto-pause for 2 weeks, so i cannot say if it would still happen. But for manual pause, it still occurs occasionally, hence why I try to refrain from pausing the watch at all for now.

• I had this exact same problem like a month ago. I tried a few different things and, since I turned off the touchscreen, I never had the rebooting or crashing issues again. 

• I've turned off the touchscreen of my Fenix 7x solar the first moment I got it a year ago and yet it still crashes like crazy ever since the crappy 16.22 update. I don't have a solar widget enabled either.

I can't believe this passed quality control at Garmin.

But then maybe they cut that department for cost savings or something, because they also released the pre alpha Garmin connect 5.0 update that clearly is nowhere near production ready, forgoing all customer feedback. 

Apparently they don't care about quality and customer satisfaction (anymore).