Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• How do I remove the Solar from a Tactix 7 Glance watchface?

• My Fenix 7 Pro SS restarts every time I change the touch screen settings. It also restarts when starting a new activity Can it be related? 

• My crashing was also happened a lot when I was near my Stages SB20 bike - so power and speed sensors. This was for the Epix Gen 2 (non pro, no solar) - so I wonder if it is something to do with external sensors.

I managed to go back to the 15.77 firmware that doesn't have any issues, but don't want to upgrade to a sports watch that crashes with power and speed sensors as I have those on most of my bikes.

• those restarts have something to do with charging the watch, the restart did not appear for 20 days, as soon as I charge the watch, it starts restarting within 3 hours, it only helps to leave it switched off overnight and then it works without restarts until the next charge

• My initial post did not seem to have any correlation to charging, but I too recently began having crashing issues shortly after charging. I was fine for around 20ish days, charged up two or three days ago and have issues since. My watch was stuck on a crash-reboot loop for at least 5 hours, and it seems I've lost a complete charge in the span of 24 hours as my watch battery is dead again. 

• It seems that removing solar from the watch face helps with tactix 7. It's been more than a week without issues for me.

• Hello This would mean switching to a watch face that does not include the Solar data, or changing the data field on the watch face from solar to another. 

1. Menu
    2. Watch face
    3. Select the desired Watch face
    4. Select Data
    5. Scroll through to the Solar Data field
    6. Scroll and select another data
    7. Select Apply
  • I'm using a watch face that has no solar data on my Tactix 7 Pro......it was working fine before the 16.22 update......I'd wish they'd just provide a fix.....the widgets and touchscreen causing reboots are hard to deal with since I bought the watch for that reason.

• Got my Tactix 7pro now for one week. I had the same issues with the bootloop when loading the maps after updating to 16.22. My workaround to keep it stable again was a factory reset and immediately switch off the auto updates, also now as Garmin-Laurie says, removing the Solar from the watchface. Up to now it´s running.

Looking forward to a soon fix for that. Never had these problems with my Tactix Delta

• I am having a Epix 2 and my girlfriend an epix 2 pro S. As both dont come with solar options we cannot deselect anything. Still both our watches freeze repeatedly when manually pausing an activity at a traffic light (auto pause is disabled for both watches). There was no active training and no navigation active. GPS Mode was auto. 

Freezes appear to be more frequent close to our starting point; not conclusive though.

Any chance we see a fix for this soon? Its really annoying and, at least for us, unrelated to solar. Is there a way to downgrade to the old firmware?