Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Fortunately? Fortunately for whom? For the user community who can now still enjoy the rebooting bug that was introduced in 16.22, while joyfully experience the newly introduced bugs in 17.20 that Garmin did not feel the need to fix (DSW and Power profiles not working properly)?

I am sorry Laurie, I am trying to be respectful, I know that you try your best to assist us, but calling it "fortunate" to get this buggy release out earlier to hundreds of thousands if users instead if taking another month to fix serious bugs just feels like a slap in the face of us users... 

I hope we will get a bugfix update on top of 17.20...

• Did I understand correctly that there’s a new public release 17.20? Did it fix the freezing and restarting issues? 

• My watch was on auto update for SW and it was refreshed when I woke up yesterday.  It did fix the freezing and rebooting on my watch.  The wind meter app I had difficulties with from 16.22 have been resolved with 17.20.  

• Which watch do you have? I got Fenix 7x Pro Sapphire solar and I’m currently on 15.77 and it seems to work well. I’m a bit worried to update my watch now…

• I do understand the frustration when a software release does not resolve every concern that has been reported. The fortunate part is, this release was intended to address the crashing, rebooting, freezing concerns. For those experiencing this, Garmin wanted to get this released as quickly as possible. If you are still seeing the crashing, freezing, or rebooting concerns with the 17.20 version, please feel free to reach out via Private Message so we can continue to investigate this. 

• Hi Laurie - I was still experiencing the same issue after installing v17.20, and my return window for the watch was about to expire, so I actually returned it to REI. REI is a fantastic store and they took it back with no questions asked. It was a great watch when it worked, and I was really sad to return it. 

• So the fix for the random rebooting is actually included in 17.20? I completely misunderstood then (and also it was not mentioned in the changelog, was it?). My impression was that the fix was not included in 17.20. If this is indeed fixed with 17.20 i need to apologise for my rant about the use of the word "fortunate", because then I really see the fortunate part in getting this release out. 

While I agree that fixing a random rebooting bug ASAP, please don't forget the long reported bugs about workout suggestions and power profiles, which generate a lot of frustration in the user community.

• Which watch did you have? Was it freezing and rebooting issue that you were experiencing with 17.20? 

• Why it wasn't announced to the Beta users ?

---

We need more feedback from the Beta Program, more communication and a knoww issues Database to simplify our tests and have a roadmap regarding the bugs.

Actually Beta announcement is always the same, Bug Report section for 17.xx is open a tester are always logging BR.

---

We can add to our frustation, that the end of the Beta imply the end of the Ticket or BR followup by Garmin. Then we will have to test it again with the next version again and again open BR, waiting for a Ticket Created and a fix !

Most if not all the bugs reported are also seen under FRx55/x65 forums and Beta, but they do not receive an anticipated Public release.

• I had a Fenix 7 sapphire solar, and it was primarily just re-booting after a short amount of time, but not freezing. The watch would allow me to set it up as new and then would work for a few minutes but then go thru a re-boot cycle and want me to set-up as new again. Rinse and repeat. I tried deleting my bluetooth cache and data on my phone, and hard reset the watch a bunch of times, and nothing worked. Maybe was a legit hardware problem with the watch - idk.