Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Update September 18, 2024: 

Our engineers have indicated this was resolved with the latest Public Software version 18.14. So if you are experiencing this concern, and have not already, you can install this update using Garmin Express. 

If you have already installed software version 18.14, and are still experiencing any crashing/rebooting concerns, please feel free to reach out to me directly via Private message so we can continue to investigate this. 

• Some Hint! on my fenix7 Solar with sw 16.22 I have not seen any issue, since I check before starting my activity that my garmin heart rate sensor is connected in menu  sensors / accessories.

When it is connected start your workout. No issue in freeze / restart.  For you to try!

• My watch rebooted when I was zooming out on the map. Not in an activity.

And also when I was opening a course for a run. It kept shutting down and restarting for 20min.

And An old bug that when I Toggle during a run in my navigation screens the watch shuts down is still there.

• Software update v18.14 did NOT solve the problem of constant rebooting, crashing when loading maps AND rebooting when selecting an exercise and hitting the start button.