Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Dear Garmin,

This problem still persists for many users. Although 2 days ago I managed to successfully record a 5 hour activity with no incident, I was very concerned the watch would freeze, so refrained from using any menu navigation or pause throughout the activity.

The watch has since frozen 3x more times in the past 2 days: once yet again on the HR data screen, and 2x simply on the watchface screen.

I do hope you are working on a fix for this, as I (and many others) had 0 problems before your 16.22 update, which has clearly introduced some monster bugs.

Constantly having to restart the watch (or it rebooting on its own) is not "stable" as you claim this update is.

• Same problem with freezing.  About once per day the watch face freezes and doesn't show accurate time.  Also, EVERY time I try to record ANY activity the watch reboots about 3-4 seconds into the activity.

• merhaba, feniz 7 pro saatimin beta güncellemesinden sonra antrenman sırasında aniden kapandı ve harita yükleme ekranında kaldı, ardından saati sıfırlamak zorunda kaldım. bu sefer telefonumu ve bilgisayarımı tanımasını sağlayamadım. Açıldıktan sonra belli bir süre sonra kilitlenir. Lütfen yardım eder misiniz?

• hello, after the beta update of my feniz 7 pro watch, it suddenly turned off during training and stayed on the map loading screen, then I had to reset the watch. this time I couldn't get it to recognize my phone and computer. After it turns on, it locks after a certain period of time. can you please help?

• Same here with 16.22; did a long run this weekend, while following a course. It got totally unresponsive when I tried to resume after a few minutes of stretching pause (about 11K in). Had to long press top-left (Light/Power) to force shutdown, but after powering on it came back to the pause screen, but stuck again. Repeated a few times and then kept it off and reverted to Strava tracking. After a few minutes (3:51 and 790m to be precise) I tried to turn on the Fenix again and this time I was able to resume where I left off. Luckily it didn't loose the first part of the run, but still... pretty annoying when you can't rely on your watch doing what it's supposed to do...

• Is there any way to send you a bug report or som logs from my watch? It is really annoying that it freezes once you press start/stop button and it is definitely a bug

• I am also having this issue ever since “upgrading” to 16.22 two weeks ago. Has made my watch virtually useless. When can we expect Garmin to fix this?

• Same here, after update to 16.22 I had 3 out of 12 runs that after start in 500m the watch freezes. A restart fixes the issue for the rest of the run. So in my case at the start of an activity it freezes. 3425341339 is my product ID

• HI,

My watch has rebooted during a running workout. After the reboot, I can continue the workout but I cannot reconnect to the HRM belt.

• Hey Garmin,

i tried have now installed the new beta update hoping that it will fix 16.22 issues, and guess what? Yeah, it is still freezing repeatedly and extremely oddly. It is like my watch had epilepsy.