Fenix 6 pro green light sensor and heart rate not working consistently

I have read all of the threads for when the green light and/or heart rate from the watch is not functioning... trying everything suggested:

• Restart the watch
  • Clean the back
  • Tighten the strap
  • Make sure software is up-to-date

I have done all of these!!

Occasionally when I restart the watch (several times in a row!) I can get the heart rate readings back, not always with the green light though (more often it does not turn on? Not sure if this is problematic).
It then might last a few hours, before dropping out again.

It also seems that even when the heart rate monitor is "functioning" the stress and body battery readings are completely thrown off. 

I have invested a lot in garmin over the years, but I am very disappointed with this current lack of performance.

Please help, before I am forced to start exploring the world beyond Garmin! 

Top Replies

All Replies

• The sensor is light sensor based so 1, it'll need flush, unobstructed contact with the skin. Being that the top of the wrist isn't great for this, and I know this is a work around and annoying to deal with, but flip the watch so that the sensor rests on the bottom of the wrist where your veins are. You should started to have more consistent readings. 

As everyone else here I too have inconsistent readings if worn in the traditional orientation. You'll particularly notice the consistency improvement if you wear it on the bottom of the wrist while sleeping.

It's the sensor, it's not great and apparently has been improved on the fenix 7. But I'm not ready to shell out another $800 till that thing is fully vetted

• I have a fenix 6 Sapphire, same issue. For a couple of weeks now I have no readings for body battery, nor resting HR, especially during sleep. HR during the day is fine and the sleep tracker is fine. I recently changed the wrist I was wearing it from left to right and thought that was the issue but it was not. I just did a hard reset, I'll report the results in a few days.

FWIW, I've always used one finger below the wrist bone, comfortably making contact with the skin. It's worked great for 1+ year until the last two weeks. For this reason, I do not believe is a position issue, nor the specific writ I'm using.

• Ok, after one day and one night, I can confirm that the complete reset of the watch worked for me. I now have HR overnight and body battery on the app. FWIW, I switched it back to my left wrist, so I'm unclear if this also had anything to do.

• and now im on this ride, restarted watched, uninstalled faces, reset all sensors, and doing a master reset, hoping for the best 

• I have the same problem. Tried all points above and still not working.

• Anyone figure out a fix for this? 

I dropped a bit on the 6 pro, I've updated it and I cant get the sensor to stay on for the life of me.

Why is this in production if I cant even get the sensor to stay on

• I have the same problem. PLease if you find out how to solve the problem let me know. Thank you in advance. 

• I have the same issue with Fenix 6s Pro Solar software version 26.00, sensor hub 22.09

• The same here, Fenix 6 solar, I was thinking to send it to warranty, but I belieave it will come back and turn into the same some days after.

In fact it started happening after I connected th watch to the computer.

This thread has 2 years, can it be a software issue for so long?

I also have a strap, but I do not sleep with it and for day insights the wrist HR would must more useful