Fenix 6 pro green light sensor and heart rate not working consistently

I have read all of the threads for when the green light and/or heart rate from the watch is not functioning... trying everything suggested:

• Restart the watch
  • Clean the back
  • Tighten the strap
  • Make sure software is up-to-date

I have done all of these!!

Occasionally when I restart the watch (several times in a row!) I can get the heart rate readings back, not always with the green light though (more often it does not turn on? Not sure if this is problematic).
It then might last a few hours, before dropping out again.

It also seems that even when the heart rate monitor is "functioning" the stress and body battery readings are completely thrown off. 

I have invested a lot in garmin over the years, but I am very disappointed with this current lack of performance.

Please help, before I am forced to start exploring the world beyond Garmin! 

Top Replies

All Replies

• It seems physical to me. I had no sensors working at all.  My problem was related (or is - at it returns) with one of two connectors. Since your watch is out of warranty anyway - you can check my solution. It is for sure cheaper than 180$:) Worse case scenario - you will not fix it and send it the support then.

• Hello,

Same issue here since today on Fenix 6S Pro.

And there are no option in Garmin Express to reinstall sensor firmware (show 0.00)

• It is not possible on the Fenix 6 series to Force Reinstall software. This option only appears on the Fenix 7 series and newer. 

To resolve this, you would need to be able to reinstall the sensor software versions. For this you can try a couple methods: 

• You can try reinstalling this using Garmin Express. 
      1. Download and launch Garmin Express http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html
      2. Connect the device with the USB cable
      3. Click + to add a new device
      4. Once found sign into the Garmin connect account
      5. Register device if needed
      6. If software update is found, click install
      7. Select Tools and Content
      8. Select the Utilities tab
      9. Select additional updates
      10. If the sensor versions are available, select to install these
      11. Disconnect the device and power on to complete
    • If there is no change, you can also side load the BETA software found here: BETA software version 26.92 This will ultimately factory reset the watch. And would require access to a Windows computer to install. 

If neither of these methods reinstalls the sensor version, or you are still seeing this not working, It would appear the device would need to be replaced. I would recommend contacting Garmin Product Support for this. 

• was your battery draining very quickly (within a day) and menu taking a while to respond after you push a button?

I don't think my problem is physical since I have having these issue as well.

pushing beta 26.92 updated my WHR and BMX to 5.1.0 and 5.01.00 but I'm still having the battery drain, menu lagging, WHR and step counter not working issues

• I had also the same issues as you: battery draining (20% in 2hrs) laggy menu.  I think that laggy menu and battery drain is due to the fact that the watch tries to connect to the sensors - again and again which consumes a lot of energy.

• @Garmin: It's me again. To remind: I have Garmin 6 Pro Saphire. Software 26.92 currently. I face similar issue: battery drain (going from 100% to 0% within several hours), watch working very slowly (taking several seconds to go from one screen to another), sensors not working.  I see software version 0.0.0 for BMX and WHR in System->About. Garmin Express is not providing any updates at any it's tab/settings.

What I tried:

- soft reset

- hard reset

- factory reset

- multiple resets,

- turning sensors and other options on/off

- beta program: forums.garmin.com/.../how-to-enroll-for-public-beta-program

BETA software version 26.92 - still having BMX and WHR of version 0.0.0, Garmin Express not showing update possibility at any settings/tabs

What I am not able to do:

- software downgrade 

- force system reinstalation as stated for Fenix 7 (Menu->System->About-> 8 times click "Light").

What shall I do next? Garmin, help! 

BR,

Szymon

• Hi Szymon, is your watch still on warranty? If so - contact Garmin. Otherwise - you can try my fix - dissaseble the watch and reconnect all connectors. Helped for me twice.

• Unfortunatelly not under warranty any more, but I do not prefer to fix bugs caused by update in such expensive equimpent, expecially when it is/should be water proof... So far I put big trust into Garmin and I believe they should repair it for free does not matter if it is on warranty or not... too many people struggle this case to it is not accident...  

@ Garmin, what you say?

• In my opinion it is a hardware not a software issue. Connectors get lose in time Garmin will offers you a replacement  to refubrished watch with 90 days warranty for around 250€. But I wish you the best.

• I ran into the same problem during beta testing. Garmin fenix 6 sapphire. the menu freezes, discharges from 100% to 0 in 8-10 hours. The pulse does not work periodically. Does not define sleep. It all started the same way on April 2nd. Resets and reboots did not help. Reinstalling the firmware did not help. Maybe they stopped hanging up 10 times and started working normally. But the heart rate sensor remained