Fenix 6 pro green light sensor and heart rate not working consistently

I have read all of the threads for when the green light and/or heart rate from the watch is not functioning... trying everything suggested:

• Restart the watch
  • Clean the back
  • Tighten the strap
  • Make sure software is up-to-date

I have done all of these!!

Occasionally when I restart the watch (several times in a row!) I can get the heart rate readings back, not always with the green light though (more often it does not turn on? Not sure if this is problematic).
It then might last a few hours, before dropping out again.

It also seems that even when the heart rate monitor is "functioning" the stress and body battery readings are completely thrown off. 

I have invested a lot in garmin over the years, but I am very disappointed with this current lack of performance.

Please help, before I am forced to start exploring the world beyond Garmin! 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi all,

From this morning I am facing the same issue. It is the 3rd times in last 6 months. But, unfortunatly, the full reset of my fenix sapphire 6 has not fixed the issue this time.
    I am very supportive Garmin, but, for a 1000 € device bought les than 2 years ago, this is not good at all.
    Garmin team, could you please take care of your software release to avoid these issues?

• I have the same problem with OHR sensor. Software version 26.10. Sensor Hub 22.09

• My heart rate monitor, steps and sleep monitor all stopped working on 12 April 24. Did nothing and watch isn’t damaged either. Why won’t it work?

1. After two weeks of normal work, this situation happened again. The system is hanging, the pulse is not working, the clock is discharging very quickly. Tired of (
  • I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the HR and steps not reading on the watch. There are a few initial troubleshooting steps to try. 

• Ensure the watch is not in battery saver mode: 
      1. Hold the menu button
      2. Select Power Manager
      3. Select Battery Saver
      4. Ensure status is Off
    • If the green HR lights on the back of the watch are not lighting, ensure this is enabled in the watch menu: 
      1. Hold the menu button
      2. Select Sensors and Access
      3. Select Wrist HR
      4. Ensure this is set to Auto
    • If it is enabled, try toggling it off then on again. 
    • If there is not change, try a hard reset. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. 
    • If there is still no HR or steps being recorded, check to see if the sensor software versions are present in the watch. Menu, System, About, Scroll down. If the WHR, BMX of Sensor Hub versions are showing as 0.00, this would indicate these sensor software is missing, and may be able to be reinstalled. 

You can try reinstalling this using Garmin Express. 

1. Download and launch Garmin Express http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html
    2. Connect the device with the USB cable
    3. Click + to add a new device
    4. Once found sign into the Garmin connect account
    5. Register device if needed
    6. If software update is found, click install
    7. Select Tools and Content
    8. Select the Utilities tab
    9. Select additional updates
    10. If the sensor versions are available, select to install these
    11. Disconnect the device and power on to complete

If you concern is still occurring after these steps have been completed, it is likely the watch will need to be replaced. You will want to contact Garmin Product Support. 

• Yep finally got to do all these steps after returning from Europe. Nothing changed and the HR Monitor is still not working.

• Hi. Since a few days heartrate sensor drops out of my fenix 6 pro solar with no reason. Have no heartratings for 7 hours and suddenly out off nowhere it starts recording again. This is frustrating because I use this watch for running and cycling. 

I removed watch from phone and set it back to factory settings  it works for an hour or 2 and it drips out again.  

This aint fun. 

• Hi Grecovic.  The same thing has been happening to me recently as I noted above.  What happens is that right after I have complete my workout, run, gym, whatever, the hearrate stops recording.  I usually don't discover this until the next morning when I sync my watch and phone to check my sleep score.  And there's no data for overnight. 

My workaround for this has become: 1. restart my phone and the Connect program.  2. turn off my watch and restart it (hard start) .  3.  Re-sync my watch and phone.  This usually cures the problem after ten minutes or so.  However, I have had to start checking my Connect app before I go to bed at night to make sure it is recording my heartrate.  It's unfortunate that it's not more reliable but that's how I have learned to live with this issue.  And yes, it ain't fun and it is very frustrating.  And maybe Garmin's version of planned obsolescence?

• Did everything. 
    hard reset off the watch, deleted everyrhing from my phone, even the bluetooth connection. And then reinstalled everything. Works fine for 10 minutes to an hour and stops recording.