Fenix 6 pro green light sensor and heart rate not working consistently

I have read all of the threads for when the green light and/or heart rate from the watch is not functioning... trying everything suggested:

• Restart the watch
  • Clean the back
  • Tighten the strap
  • Make sure software is up-to-date

I have done all of these!!

Occasionally when I restart the watch (several times in a row!) I can get the heart rate readings back, not always with the green light though (more often it does not turn on? Not sure if this is problematic).
It then might last a few hours, before dropping out again.

It also seems that even when the heart rate monitor is "functioning" the stress and body battery readings are completely thrown off. 

I have invested a lot in garmin over the years, but I am very disappointed with this current lack of performance.

Please help, before I am forced to start exploring the world beyond Garmin! 

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi there, I have tried all the remedies that you have suggested for my Garmin pro 6 but the heart rate is still not showing. 

• Really believe that it is a software issue not hardware,so GARMIN PLEASE fix it. I need my watch! Is it so hard ?! My 6 pro has the sam problem. Nothing I tried worked. Garmin stop fooling around and deal with it!

• Same problem with my fenix 6s pro. I have done the hard restart and checked versions. Usually works but then stops for 20 minutes or more. 

• I am starting to believe that this Garmin website is only complain site and NOT a solution site.  Sad but true. I am forced to buy new watch from other manufacturer if Garmin does not fix this problem.

• Hi everyone!

Since Garmin is not offering solution or perhaps they do know but wont give us that I can hereby confirm that this is working solution, or at least it worked with my watch. I tried everything  Garmin said I should do (soft reset,hard reset) and so on but that did not work. So,try this and see if it helps your watch.

Step 1:  open your watch and disconnect every single one connector that the watch have inside.

Step 2: connect it all back and put together your watch as it was before.

step3: uninstall Garmin connect app in your phone 

step 4: remove your watch from bluetooth connection in your phone.

Step 5: reinstall gamrin connect app and pair back your watchand your phone

IT WORKED for me. I have now working watch with heart beats, SP02,  See:

https://prnt.sc/YOpEfFzNXnqc  ,    https://prnt.sc/udylHPSh79-d   ,    https://prnt.sc/5JQmI5Zbs9he   ,   https://prnt.sc/26JFhx8d4Mr_

Put this solution as working one in your book Garmin people

• Step 1:  open your watch and disconnect every single one connector that the watch have inside.

Step 2: connect it all back and put together your watch as it was before.

Thank you for sharing a solution that has worked for you. However, please never open the watch or dismantle it. This will breach the water proofing seal. And would void any warranty potentially still in place on the watch. 

These are still the Garmin recommended steps for addressing an issue with the HR sensor on the watch: 

• Ensure the HR sensor is enabled in the watch menu. Menu, Sensors and Accessories, Wrist HR. You can also try toggling this off, then on again. 
    • I would also recommend a hard reset. For this, hold the Light button until the watch shuts off, as opposed to selecting power off. Then power this on again. 
    • Check for the sensor software versions in the watch menu: Menu, System, About, Scroll down. Look for the Sensor Hub, WHR, and BMX versions. If any of these show as 0.00 the sw needs to be reinstalled using Garmin Express.
    1. Download and launch Garmin Express http://software.garmin.com/en-US/express.html
    2. Connect the device with the USB cable
    3. Click + to add a new device
    4. Once found sign into the Garmin connect account
    5. Register device if needed
    6. If software update is found, click install
    7. Select Tools and Content
    8. Select the Utilities tab
    9. Select Additional Updates
    10. If the sensor versions are available to install, do this
    11. Disconnect the device and power on to complete
    • If the sensor is still not responding, you can also try a factory reset with these steps: 

After a factory reset you will need to pair again with the phone. 

If you have tried the steps above, and are still not able to use the wrist HR, I would recommend contact Garmin Product Support, as the device may need to be replaced. 

• As I said before. I reachedbout to Garmin and tried all the rexommendations that you gave me,including the one you posted above and it did not work. Instead tou offered me 25% discount to by another "used" watch. Sorry that is not acceptable for me. Come to think of it you maybe doing the same procedure like the one I wrote above. Open the watch and disconnect/reconnect everything back and sell it back. Tou mentioned not to open the watch as I did. But if it is the only solution then I am sorry I will do it. Better to do that and have a working watch. Also I did not notice any silicon glue or something similar when I opened the watch. I am sorry but must say that I am not happy with the help I got from Garmin and needed to find solution by myself. 

• I did not notice any silicon glue or something similar when I opened the watch.

Scream

• Update: tried my watch tonight, swimming in the pool. Working just fine after my repair.