Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

•  Sorry been a bit busy recently! I suspect the time and day are disappearing because they happen to have a "visibility" setting on those elements (or the entire field as you can set visibility there too). I'd guess they are set to be visible only if "no notifications are pending", so they disappear when you have a notification.

If you want me to check this, post your "profile text" here - although you can probably check this yourself if you haven't already Slight smile

You want to make sure visibility is set to "always on".

1. In your M2 DESIGNER app on the watch: Save the profile you have just created somewhere (e.g., in Profile #17)
    2. Open your Garmin Connect or Garmin ConnectIQ apps on your smartphone (or Garmin Express on your PC when you have connected your watch to the PC)
    3. In this app, locate an entry for the M2 Designer application (somewhere in "Applications and Activities" or "My Device Apps" or so -- I just happen to have a German UI)
    4. Load Profile #17 (or the same profile # used in step 1).
      This will change the "Profile Text" in the first line of the settings, possibly also the 2nd line.
    5. Copy the "Profile Text".
    6. Go to the watchfaces section in our mobile phone Garmin app
    7. Locate the M2 watchface entry.
    8. Go to Settings there.
    9. Paste the "profile text" string from step 5 above into the first line (also called "Profile Text").
    10. Save the profile somewhere (ideally you will use the same number as in the M2 DESIGNER app - in our case #17
    11. Load profile #17 (again -- just to make sure that you get what you have stored).

Voila.

• This is awesome! Can you share your code please?

• - I've just uploaded a new version 0.1.22 with the tweak to the overlimit indicator colors - it worked on my quick test and hopefully it works for you too Slight smile Any problems/suggestions let me know.

Also for anyone else reading: this version has a change to the way the profile activation times are stored. Following on from the recent reports of problems I did come across a potential bug, so this will hopefully avoid that situation (just in case anyone is still seeing the activation times disappearing ...) The activation times are now only ever saved when you choose "Save Profile" whereas before they could be saved on "Current Profile" too. I've marked the settings this applies to with a star/asterisk (*) to try and make it clearer too. And I'm also trying a long term test of some auto activating profiles to verify Slight smile

• Hi

Thanks, everything appears to work just perfect!

• My firs go at customizing watchface. We'll see how the battery life is after few days.

• Sorry, didn't put the code:
    01ZC2525111WDPO1011X6WV020Vc121VZ11X6YB03X7C1ZCH113NC1YQI111X6Vg035C13NC13XDC13NC1XOE119ZD100S0

• Here's my attempt at a minimalistic and battery friendly design. The 1min heart rate average shows only on gesture, and all icons (notification count, do not disturb, alarm, phone not connected & battery low (not shown)) are normally hidden. Outer red ring is battery, inner blue ring is step count, and bottom arrow ring segment is movebar. (The "Ti" on top is weekday, the Finnish abbreviation for Tuesday.)

The constantly showing things are not updating frequently, so this should be quite battery friendly.

Here's the code:
    01Ys2525111WDPO2011WKWg023Vd11XrWJ021F11WwY103X7C13NC135C13SC13AC13SC11XrXR0WMC11XeO1VeVqVV11ZCI1VeWpWLWC04F113VZC11WwVh0KR1VdJVdC183B0VxVe008W3CVx0Vq008XRMKVgVe00

• - I was just looking into the FR735, and unfortunately I noticed that the version of the CIQ SDK I am using for the M2 code does not support the FR375 Disappointed Sorry to report this, as it makes it more unlikely now that I can make a version for it ...

• Just getting started. Not that easy to do on my Vivoactive 3.