Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• This is a good description of how to open the Garmin settings for an app/watchface: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store

You should see something like this for M2 Designer (this screenshot is from Garmin Express) - and similar for M2

Once you have a design in M2 Designer, then open the Garmin settings and do a text copy of the top 2 settings "Profile Text" and "2nd half of profile text" (if anything is in it).

Then close the settings of M2 Designer.

Then open the settings of M2 (the watchface now).

And do a text paste of what you copied into the top 2 settings for M2. Save the settings and you should be good to go Slight smile

Unfortunately, the text copy & paste is needed because Garmin don't allow apps to share data directly (which would be nice!)

•  Thanks for the correction on the scheduling / profile loading instructions.  I made some tweaks, cleared out all the previous profiles I had tried using before, and then saved my primary watchface on profile 24 set to display 24/7.  After that I then saved my secondary / nighttime watchface to profile 1 with the appropriate evening hours.  I did that last night and it has now loaded the correct profiles for the past 3 changes.  I’ll report back if I encounter any more issues with scheduling but so far it looks like that fixed it for me.  Thanks again!!

• Great to hear Slight smile Fabs, Lionel and wolli9000 are all working too (for now!) - so everything is good Slight smile

• Hi. Thanks for the great face/designer.

I'm having an issue with rings that probably requires a new color mode. Let me try to explain.

I'm trying to achieve a ring that shows overlimit condition like in the above image. Top left ring is going around 3rd time and it shows just the way I like using the unfilled color for overlimit indication. In this case it's week active minutes. I have same setup for daily steps (on red ring).

However, when the counter resets or goal is not hit, the unfilled color obviously fills the whole remaining ring as in the below image. It should only show a single green marker for active minutes at this point. 

So I'm proposing that if possible, add a new color that is used only for rendering overlimit indicators.

Thanks!

• I just stumbled across this watch face and designer app today. It is exactly what I have been searching for! However, once I set up a watch face just the way I want it, I have issues when I receive a notification. I receive the notification popup from a text message like usual, but once it goes away the time is missing from the watch face. It will come back up once I clear the notification. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks for the help! 

• Hi Ave - that's a good suggestion Slight smile I may just change it so the overlimit indicators will always use the value color if one is set. I think that would actually make more sense than what it currently does. The "value color" was a later addition, which kind of explains the weird combination appearance currently. And I can't see a change like this causing a problem for anyone - it will just look nicer Slight smile But let me know what you think ...

I should be able to make a new version this week.

• Hmm that sounds interesting ... I don't use notifications myself, so I'm not sure how this looks or works on a watch. Which watch are you using by the way? Maybe I can find some pictures in the online manual to show what it looks like.

Or if you could post a couple of photos that would be awesome Slight smile

If the system is drawing a notification over the watchface, then once the notification goes away it should also be sending a message to the watchface to do a redraw, (so it should get redrawn).

• As you can see in the 2 photos, the red indicator changes when I get a notification. Once that happens, the day and time disappear. They don't come back until I clear the notifications on the phone. 

Also, is there a way to always show a zero in front of the single digits hours, e.g. 0512?

• In the meantime, I was able to figure out how to pad the time with a leading zero. Also, I changed the visibility to only show when I have a pending notification. Not sure if that will change anything. 

• Sounds great, thank you!