Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• But unfortunately I can't explain yet why your profile activation isn't working. When I try the settings you posted, then they actually work for me - it switches to profile 2 between 19:25 and 05:50, then profile 1 activates between 06:00 and 19:20, then profile 2 activates, then profile 1 activates etc ...

So this seems like a different issue from what the others are seeing.

Can I check still - are you seeing the activation times for profile 2 (start & end time) still being reset to 00:00 every day?

• Yes they are resetting to 00:00.

• Can you send me a PM on the forum please Slight smile I tried sending you one, but I'm not allowed to as I think you have the permissions disabled. I'll probably need to send you a special "test" version in order to track down what is happening, and some instructions.

Actually, one idea which just occurs to me: could you try installing M2 (B) and using that instead of M2 - https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/ca485b3c-413e-45da-b139-ae105e039a52 (this is a clone of M2 and exactly the same)

It might be that your M2 install has become corrupt - so this would be a way to test it. Note it could get confusing if you keep both M2 and M2(B) on your watch - you might want to set a different profile on M2 temporarily so it's easy to spot which is which. You'll also need to make sure you open the correct Garmin settings for each one. Thanks!

• Hi,

i tried both apps and it’s exactly the same issue.

I tried also to delete both apps and install newly; it’s the same.

regards

Wolfgang

• Can you send me a PM on this forum too please Slight smile It will help me to keep things separate rather than mixing different things together! (I can't send you a PM as I think you also have the permission disabled). Or email me using the "Contact Developer" link in the app store if you prefer (make sure to give a reply email) - thanks!

• For your 2nd question Lionel: you can't change the visibility of an element or field depending on the steps count currently - but it's a nice suggestion, so I'll add it to my "to do" list Slight smile

• Hi markdotai, thanks for the advice. I reinstalled the normal M2 and it appears to be working now. Maybe it was a corrupted installation after all?

• Hi,

I am not understanding how to obtain the text after I create a watch face on the watch to paste. 

• Hi,

I am having a difficult time. Once I create a design on my watch how do I get the text that corresponds to that?

• Cool, that is good news! Well done for trying a reinstall Slight smile

It could have been the data file for the app had become corrupted (somehow) - this is all managed by the Garmin CIQ libraries so shouldn't be able to happen. If it was this, then hopefully it won't happen again. It's possible I can change what data is stored there slightly to try and mitigate similar problems - but let's see if the problem comes back again first.