Watchface: M2

This is the support thread for the M2 watchface:

has created a Facebook group for designs here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423319952037948

And this PDF files contains a quick visual index to the designs posted in this thread: >>>    ForumProfiles1.pdf    <<<

To create your own design or modify one, install & use the M2 Designer app on your watch. These are the steps you would go through:

• Optionally paste a text code into the "Profile Text" setting of M2 Designer & save the settings, or load one of your previously saved designs (either via the settings or the in-app menu).
  • Run the M2 Designer app (found underneath your activities list) and create your design.
  • Once you've finished, open the Garmin settings for M2 Designer.
  • The text code in "Profile Text" will now represent whatever your design looks like, so copy the text code from "Profile Text" - and be careful to select the whole text.
  • Close the settings for M2 Designer.
  • Open the Garmin settings for M2 (watchface) instead.
  • Delete any text that was already in "Profile Text" - this step helps to avoid potential problems
  • Paste the text code into "Profile Text".
  • Save the settings.
  • Now when you view the M2 watchface it will show your changes.

A guide for accessing the Garmin settings is here: https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/w/wiki/14/changing-your-app-settings-in-garmin-express-gcm-ciq-mobile-store.

Profile text for the default display = 01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWO020Vc121VZ11WwXw03X7C11WwVd035C13NC13XDC19010000

------------------

Notes on 12-hour and 24-hour display options - see 4 posts down (with Oldest first) ...

See the latest posts by clicking newest (if it is visible just below) or using the page navigation (if visible at the very bottom).

• Amazing, thank you!

• I thought I'd try making a visual index to this thread - with links to all the designs for quick access. So I put together this PDF file:

ForumProfiles.pdf

And WOW - it's so cool seeing everyone's amazing designs!! Thanks to everyone who has contributed Slight smile

• I still hope that this watchface will be available for the FR735.

• Hi markdotai,

I have used the updated versions of the M2 Designer and watch face for a week now and without fail every single day since then the second profile is not activating itself. The issue was resolved last time after the Bluetooth and SW versions were updated but since your update the problem is back again. The second profile activation days, activation time and deactivation times reset themselves to 0 and 00:00 for an unknown reason. All those parameters stay saved in the first profile perfectly fine but in the second profile it resets itself. Sunset and sunrise times however have not disappeared once and are updating perfectly fine.

Should I maybe try not to have any activation times and days in the first profile in case it somehow interferes with the second one? E.g. Instead of having Profile 1 parameters activation days 1234567; activation time 06:00 and deactivation time set to 19:20 I set everything to 0 and only enter parameters in Profile 2.

• If you could send me the settings you are using, that would be great! And I will investigate Slight smile (But it won't be until the weekend). So if you could send me for each profile (either forum / PM / Contact Developer)

• The profile text
    • The profile number
    • Activation days
    • Start & end time
    • Any other useful setting I missed!

There must be a bug happening somewhere - just need to track down where, and how to fix/workaround it.

• Hello,

sorry for my English.

I have also a problem with activating a second. Profile.

the white watchface was profile 1 and the same with black background was profile 2, which should Activate on 1234567 from 2100 to 0600. Switch at 2100 was functional, but reverse not.

while profile 2 is active, my alarms did not work.

black profile:

01Ys2525111WDPO1011WwWv020R121Q11WwVW02NP11WwYD03X7713N713571

is there any idea?

regards

wolfgang

• It's probably the same thing as is seeing.

Which watch do you have ?

The watchface can't affect whether your alarms work or not - do you mean the indicators on screen didn't display? Or that the alarm did not go off at the right time? (That would have to be a system firmware problem as the watchface can only display things, not change anything).