HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• First things: thanks for excellent work. It's really amazing.

And then I want to ask about Di2 gears with Shimano. Can't add them to DIY?

Thanks, thanks, thanks.
  • should already work!

I think the derailleur front, rear should be the correct ones for the DI2.

• sure, just read the manual :)

• Thank you for your quick response, and you forgive my level of English.

I have created a datafield with DIY and I have not yet mounted my bike with ultegra Di2 (all in boxes, waiting for the arrival of the frame).

I have put the Di2 fields but I can't check if it works or not. It is the reason why I have asked ... to know if it works.

And again, thank you.
  • So, I uploaded a new version 2.7.4 to clone #4. Sorry for the problems, but I had to rework the code again so the medium devices have enough memory left. It is really a struggle to squeeze out every byte to have more free memory.

http://public.stattegg.info/HM_DIYD_2.7.4.zip

* changed error text when using wrong designer version for creating string
    * a workout step is now registered as lap event
    * fixed bugs: (hiding not working, app version, name not shown)

On more thing: I am thinking of removing the black default layout string. Wouldn't it be better if instead all colors would switch as mccinner1 suggested so black switches to white and white to black (can be set for every element seperatly then).

I could switch then the colors dynamically, not only when the datafield is loaded. At the moment I have no other option to completely reload the layout (including all values reseting to zero). And the current switching isn't working anyway in some cases.

What do you think?

• I must apologize a thousand times! Day and night mode work - even on the now un-updated Clone #1.
    I made a big mistake when testing earlier - I didn't switch to the right profile and tested another one where day and night is not set up.

I have now tested with the XMLs (day / night) published earlier -
    DAY/NIGHT WORKS!

Ich teste jetzt noch Bodenseematzes Layouts...

• fixed bugs: (hiding not working, app version, name not shown)

I can confirm, hiding does work again (and blinking is also still working Wink), the datafield version as value is also shown BTW, it does not matter what you put in as "text" - it always gets completely replaced by the version number string; so if you want a "v" in front of it, you have to use a separate element (I tried to use "v$V" - but that also got completely replaced by the version string) - that's no bug, it's how it works Smile

On more thing: I am thinking of removing the black default layout string. Wouldn't it be better if instead all colors would switch as mccinner1 suggested so black switches to white and white to black (can be set for every element seperatly then)

I think that in 99% of all cases that'd be what people do to create a "dark design" - so to have the possibility to add an own "dark design" (and to use your automatism if that string is empty) would be nice - but it's IMHO not necessary.

(can be set for every element seperatly then)

What does that mean? It sounds interesting Slight smile

At the moment I have no other option to completely reload the layout (including all values reseting to zero). And the current switching isn't working anyway in some cases

And that's the knock out criteria for keeping that "dark string" --> remove it (my 2 cents)!

BTW, the datafield "SPHGraWH" does show its version number in the Garmin express setting...

• Aah, and as usual: you did a really good job - and your reaction time between telling bugs here at the forum and fixing them is absolutely awesome!

• Ich teste jetzt noch Bodenseematzes Layouts...

Which one? These which I posted here or the ones which I sent you via E-Mail? Blush
    (still don't know why I can post my test layouts here but not my real ones...)

• Bodenseematzes Day and Night Layout works, too!
    (see screenshots taken from Edge)