HMs DIY #1-6

Store Link

Because I want to keep this datafield and the app free for use I would be very grateful about a small donation to PayPal

A detailed description of how to use it can be found here: 

HMs_DIY_GUIDANCE.pdf
HMs_DIY_ANLEITUNG.pdf

Thanks very much to mcinner1 for putting so much time into this documentation!

Designer download

You can contribute on my github page.
You can upload your layout so others can use it as well.
Also any changes to the fonts.txt can be updated there as well.

Garmin_HMsDIY

=======================================================================
RELEASE NOTES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* switched to new SDK 4.2.4
* added devices: FR265, FR265S, FR965, GPSMAP 67/67i, Marq (Gen 2), Marq (Gen 2) Aviator, EDGE 540, EDGE 840, Instinct 2x Solar
* added two new font types GLANCE, GLANCENR (only available if device supports it!)
* switched to new SDK 4.1.5
* added devices: Edge Explore 2, Venu Sq 2, Venu Sq 2 Music Edition
* switched to new SDK 4.1.3
* added devices: Instinct 2S / Solar / Dual Power, D2 Air X10, D2 Mach 1, Descent G1 / G1 Solar,
Edge 1040 / 1040 Solar, Forerunner 255, Forerunner 255 Music, Forerunner 255s, Forerunner 255s Music, Forerunner 955 / Solar, Instinct 2 / Solar / Dual Power / dezl Edition
* fixed crash when windspeed was not available from device
* switched to new SDK 4.0.9
* added devices: D2 Air, Descent MK2/MK2i, Descent Mk2S, Enduro, epix Gen2, Fenix 7, Fenix 7S, Fenix 7X, Forerunner 55, Forerunner 945 LTE, Venu2, Venu2 Plus,
Venus 2S, Venu Sq, Venu Sq Music,

for full releasenotes see: releasenotes.txt

• From the feedback you refer to, honestly I cannot see any clue about real intention to evaluate the requests or not (and if yes, when).
    In the meantime, a new version with only support for new devices has been released, so maybe this is the feedback for me.
    As already said, I appreciate and thank for this amazing data field; I would ask only a more clear statement, and it's not my intention either to insist or to argue about this.

• I cannot find "Current Lap Avg Cadence" as a data item, am I missing something?

• People have vacations in the summer... Just sayin.

First of all I do not have to answer every post in here, there are enough people using the datafield which could also help.

Second demanding an answer, because it is courtesy, that really pisses me off. Who the f said I have to answer every post?

And why do you need an answer anyway? If I implement the changes you will see it in the next releasenotes, if I dont you won't, so what, doesnt make any difference.

If you dont get an answer after the first post you will definitly not get one after the tenth. 

I have already put so much time into it and I dont even use the datafield myself...

): not every device can display all values because of memory limitations. 

• Thank you for the reply and I hope you get to enjoy some vacation this summer! 

No worries at all, I was wonder if it was something I had missed or was looking in the wrong place, but I had tried scrolling the lists a couple of times so I thought I would ask.  Besides, it's lap avg cadence, it's not exactly a "vital" stat and I can just substitute Avg Cadence.

• Hi Erich, I've tried the 3.4.1. clone #6 on the 955 Solar. The day/night switch seems not to be working.

• please post your xml. Did you enable day/night checkbox of the elements?

• Yes, the checkbox is "on"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <DIYLayout>
        <Device name="Forerunner 955 / Solar"/>
        <Designer time="05.07.2022 14:26" ver="3.4.1" ifver="C"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="FFFFFF" x="0" y="0" x2="260" y2="260" eletype="RF" valuetype="FX" minval="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" radius="0" stroke="1" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="1" color="C0C0C0" x="130" y="4" x2="130" y2="55" eletype="LN" valuetype="FX" minval="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" radius="0" stroke="3" nr_values="1"/>
        <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="70" y="3" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="AV PACE" font="XTINY" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>
        <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="70" y="17" fixedtext="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="AP" text="$m:$S" font="NR_MILD" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext="254"/>
        <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="190" y="3" fixedtext="true" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="FX" text="DIST" font="XTINY" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext=""/>
        <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="190" y="17" fixedtext="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="DS" text="$V" font="NR_MILD" halignment="1" precision="2" nr_values="1" sampletext="12.56"/>
        <LayoutElement type="0" color="000000" x="130" y="68" fixedtext="false" maxonly="false" daynight="true" eletype="TT" text="$h:$M:$S" font="NR_MILD" halignment="1" precision="0" nr_values="1" sampletext="4374"/>
    </DIYLayout>

The clone #6 is the bottom half

"Day"

("Rest" mode during exercise)

"Night"

• I don't have this clock, but I thought I'd test to see if it was due to the new version 3.4.1 on Clone #6.

I loaded the associated string of the XML file on my Edge 1030+ on Clone #6, which is already running on vers. 3.4.1.
    The night display worked as expected.
    So it doesn't seem to be a general problem with Clone #6 and vers 3.4.1.

• Thank you very much, Erich, for your polite reply.

I have no problem to agree with you on some points:

1. you don’t have to answer all of the posts
    2. people have vacations in the summer (…sometimes also in other seasons)
    3. you put a lot of effort so far in this data field.

As for the rest, your gross words confirm courtesy is not your style and you need long vacations to relax…

•   

Garmin 1030/1030 plus/1040
    My first layout for map

C!!iQJ!ww*!OeBcN!!!"*!\*yA!WR]M`)5GK!"],I!!iQ)!ww*"O9!K\!!!!!S!!iQ)!ww*"O9zJ?!!!!!P!!iQ)!ww*"O9%ws!!!!!D!"%WB!rmfNJl'[8!!!!!$V!"y2b!rrw$Jg!C'!!!!!+$V!"%oR!rrw$Jg$5"!!!!!~$V8,NVg!!!!!!!!%]!w3$!!!!%+!w7R7!!!$N!!'b6!!!zq!!!$!!!!z?!.]TM!!!"b!.]TM!!!"0!.]TM!!!!!!\,mw!WN0"`)5Hw!"],I!!iQ*!ww*"LOdHj!!!"[!!iQ)!ww*"O9!LN!!!!!C!!iQ)!ww*"O9zK1!!!!!A!!iQ)!ww*"O9%Ii!!!!!D!"(J8!ri9zJ5FJ'!!!!!$V!")%X!rrw$J0@1k!!!!!+$V!"(bH!rrw$J0Czf!!!!!~$V:\Y1k!!!!!!!!8N!w3$!!!!60!w7R7!!!3g!!'V2!!!1I!!!$!!!!/+!.]TM!!!,b!.]TM!!!*D!.]TM!!!(y!.]TM!!!!!!\5C-!w@ZM`)5I-!"],I!!iQ*!ww*"Mr;[j!!!"[!!iQ)!WW3zJ.Ts*!!!!!HR!%U;@!s!lOJKYlY!!!!!!"2.Z!W[cNLeumT!!!!!$V!"1kJ!rrw$J0@2Z!!!!!+$V!"1S:!rrw$J0C$U!!!!!~$V8-B1ozQOi)!!!8Nzlal)!!!60!w7R7!!!3g!!'z!!!!1I!!!$!!!!/+!.]TM!!!,b!.]TM!!!*D!.]TM!!!(y!.]TM!!!!!!\,mw!wE.M`)5Is!"],I!!iQ*!ww*"O?gnj!!!"[!!iQ)!WW3zL_.fm!!!!!PW!"xs-!W`7NLeunE!!!!!$V!%byT!sy@OJKYmJ!!!!!!")n3!WW3zJ0@3M!!!!!$V!"+=."TSNyJ0C%H!!!!!NP $V3!]?_zQOi)!!!LNzlal)!!!EI!w7R7!!!@b!!'J.!!!wy!!1Kz!!!7?!!!$!!!!1I!.]TM!!!!!