This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• Both my wife and I have Vivoactive 3's and we noticed a plethora of updates recently. About a week ago we both started getting battery drain over 2-3 days... Now they both go from 100% to turning off overnight. I'm having to charge twice a day.

Phone and watch both say they're on the latest software version.

Will be ringing Garmin later...

• I will definitely test this out! thank you.

• Did they find a fix? I started having this issue 

• I was SHOCKED when battery life lasted less than a day this past week. Went from once a week to once a day. What's going on?!

• I think Garmin's lack of action and initiative to fix this issue is basically theor way of saying, time to ditch the viviactive 3 and buy an new watch...hopefully another Garmin...while I am thinking...time to try Suunto or another brand that makes customer service at least in their top 3 priority.

Just to share, I highlighted this issue to Garmin, they replaced my watch. ( its my third watch by the way, first 2 had battery drain issues) and even with the new watch, regular use with GPS on a run per day and tracking a gym session a day, I am charging it every two days...compared to before when I was charging it every 3-5 days.

• I bought the watch three weeks ago and the first two weeks all fine and battery lasted 3/4 days. Since 3 or 4 days ago, the battery only last 16hours!!!!!!! What the hell is this??

I'm on sw 7.20 but i don't know what sw I had when the battery was working ok.I've tried to do a factory reset but it didn't help.

Is possible any kind of sw downgrade???

• Garmin just emailed me and told me that my battery issue meant a hardware replacement and I had to pay $50 for a replacement because I am out of warranty. To be clear I had zero issue before my watch upgraded to the latest version of the garmin software so this is clearly some sort of money making scam. 

• I just got an email from Garmin telling me that my issue must be a hardware issue and I needed to get a replacement. But I’m out of warranty (surprise surprise) so they have to charge me for it, but you guessed it, they can do me a deal and charge me only $50 for a working watch. My watch battery lasted like 14 days before the latest update and now lasts less than 2 days. Clearly it Garmin are not investigating this then they must be conducting a scam. I’ve offered them an alternative where they provide me a device FOC and I then pay if they don’t later release an update that fixes the battery issue. 

There are 9 garmin devices in my household so I trust they will make the right decision.

• Double post, first was marked as spam! (that’s ‘spam’ not garmins scam)

• For me it got worse with 7.2 update from 3-4 days with Bluetooth on all time to 1.5 day with no bluetooth off to 12-15 hr now.. really crazy and put a bad name to garmin. I regret i make my 5 friend buy garmin in 2019