This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• My watch is also dying very quickly. It's just started over the last couple of days. I have done a hard reset and I'm still having issues. My watch battery doesn't even last a full day without being used. 

• Write an email to [email protected] describing your problem, be sure to include your vivoactive  serial number and user name; you might be elegible for a replacement

• I got my phone brand new on  Sunday. I made sure it was charged 100%. It didint  even last a day just on  bluetooth for a few hours and connected to phone and heart rate monitor only. Should I take it back. ?? My 5 year old fitbit lasted for 5 days with all the functions on

• I got my phone brand new on  Sunday. I made sure it was charged 100%. It didint  even last a day just on  bluetooth for a few hours and connected to phone and heart rate monitor only. Should I take it back. ?? My 5 year old fitbit lasted for 5 days with all the functions on

• I have had my Garmin VA 3 for 6 months. I am seeing faster than previous battery drain. I remembered when i purchased the watch to change how frequently the phone synced with the watch. There were several choices at the time. I chose the option to only sync when i opened the app on my phone and asked it to sync. My battery would last 7 days usually.  Now with the 6.9fw and 4.25 version of Garmin Connect, I have two sync options. Smart or Every Second.  I feel this is the major cause for heavy battery drain.  What is "smart" syncing? I feel its syncing way more than I need it to.  I cant control how often my watch syncs anymore. Garmin, Please bring back custom syncing options!!! 

• Hi all, I've had the same issue with both Vivoactive 2 and 3. I've just had the same issue creep in on my VA3 music. I noticed the new update added features and enabled them off the bat. My process for fixing my VA has been: 

Note: the first 2 steps erase the data on the phone. For whatever reason, syncing does not add it back. So I'd say start with bullet 3, then perform bullet 1,2 as last resort.. 

• Reset to Factory settings
    • Set up the watch again with the same profile, update software etc.
    • Once set, hard restart (hold the side button for 10-20 sec) then turn the watch back on
    • Then go through the settings to see what trackers are turned on
    • >> Activity Tracking > Auto Activity Start (I turned mine off)
    • >> System > PhysioTrueUp (Was default on. I turned this off)
    • >> System > Backlight > I kept default 30% with Timeout set to short
    • >> System > Data recording (Changed mine to Every Second, only because I've lost several miles when Smart was on before. Im not worried about overwriting)

I did all this, and so far so good. I'll give it another day and then try Music, adjusting settings, etc to see what the power hog is. I kinda think Physio TrueUp is. But not sure yet. Hope this helps someone else!

• Hi all, I've had the same issue with both Vivoactive 2 and 3. I've just had the same issue creep in on my VA3 music. I noticed the new update added features and enabled them off the bat. My process for fixing my VA has been: 

Note: the first 2 steps erase the data on the phone. For whatever reason, syncing does not add it back. So I'd say start with bullet 3, then perform bullet 1,2 as last resort.. 

• Reset to Factory settings
    • Set up the watch again with the same profile, update software etc.
    • Once set, hard restart (hold the side button for 10-20 sec) then turn the watch back on
    • Then go through the settings to see what trackers are turned on
    • >> Activity Tracking > Auto Activity Start (I turned mine off)
    • >> System > PhysioTrueUp (Was default on. I turned this off)
    • >> System > Backlight > I kept default 30% with Timeout set to short
    • >> System > Data recording (Changed mine to Every Second, only because I've lost several miles when Smart was on before. Im not worried about overwriting)

I did all this, and so far so good. I'll give it another day and then try Music, adjusting settings, etc to see what the power hog is. I kinda think Physio TrueUp is. But not sure yet. Hope this helps someone else!

• Hi, 

I have also this issue, it drains the battery from 100% to 0 within a hour. Is there any fix on the way, it is not fun to buy a new when it is caused by your developers! 

• Wow, that's the worst drain rate I've seen in all the complaints.  Firmware update 7 is just rolling out, see if that helps it.  Though with it being that bad, I'm going to guess not.  If you have just bought this watch, I'd return it to the place of purchase if they'll replace it (REI does for example) or call Garmin and they will replace it with a new watch.

• Just an update, I took my watch off the charger last night just after this above post. I'm still sitting at 91%. It could be that turning off the Physio TrueUp is a simple fix. I haven't wanted to experiment since I finally have a useful watch again!.