This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• If you go down that route then they were quite forthcoming in offering a swap (mine was 22 months old). If you want to expedite the process i'd suggest trying removing all ConnectIQ apps/faces etc and possibly factory-resetting the device as that's what they suggested I try first before I got the authorisation to return the device for exchange.

I can't comment as yet if the refurbished replacements fare any better though (they've received the old one but i've not received the replacement as yet).

• The reconditioned unit that is my warranty replacement turned up today.  It shipped with v6.60 on it although had to apply v7.20 to it for phone compatibility reasons. So far, so good and using just under 1% per hour versus the 5-10% per hour the one I sent in for exchange was haemorrhaging.

• Same problem here with my 2.5 year old Vivoactive 3... could hold battery for about 5 days, now nearly 2 if I don't use any other stuff then Bluetooth and heart rate.. if I load it up to 100% it takes about 30min to drop more then 10%, and when using the golf app, I loose about 45-50% doing just 9 holes.. before I could play 36 holes with no problem.. 

I have tried factory reset and turning of pretty much everything and it doesn't help.. seems like a massive software issue, that simply sucks out the juice of the battery.. or the battery are crap after just 2.5 years use. 

• Mine has started to do the same thing.  I have to charge twice a day now and it's barely a year old!

• I am also facing draining battery issues... It is a problem that started to happen after SW 6.60 towards up.

Garmin seems to deliberately modify something, as a result, after loading up to 100% it drains around a 10% within an hour and GPS activities drain a lot of battery (around 20%/h while using GPS+GLONASS... or/and 1 field CIQ).

It is disgusting that from one day to another they broke such a nice device, VA4 arrived and VA3 died! 

Unless they fix this problem with an SW update (I do not expect so, it has passed 3 months since the last update) I will not buy nor recommend any Garmin device. 

• I have the same issue. Thinking about not having a Garmin again

• this whole battery issue has really changed my impression of garmin as a premium company. 3 months of a watch which cant even hold a days use  charge is messed up

• Running version 7.3 and battery barely lasts a couple of hours. The only way to use this device is limit your exercise to length of the power extension lead.

• After Garmin was down, the battery lasted only a few hours without use. But this only lasted three days. Since then everything has been back to normal.

This morning the Vivoactive 3 was updated to version 7.40.