This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• How do we force Garmin to investigate?

Anyone having this issue should contact Garmin Support, preferably by phone or chat. They will open a case or add you to the existing case.

• They don’t though. They ask you to delete some files and check what watch race you have and then tell you the hardware is failed and you need a replacement and (in my case) need to send them money for a replacement.

They don’t investigate. A generic response of deleting some standard files isn’t investigating. Where is the analysis of the roll back of software to rule out software version issues? Either they know they have a wide scale hardware failure and want to just cash in rather than pay out or they just don’t give a damn.

• I just started getting this same problem after 2 years of owning this watch. Watch barely lasts a day. It used to last a whole week. Now I’m charging every night. What the heck is going on? 

• Same new awful one day of battery life after two great years.

• Report it to Garmin, don’t just post here. They went through deleting files with me, turning off custom watch faces and then said my watch battery was dead and I needed to buy a new watch.

there are far too many people with the exact same experience for this to be a coincidence but they aren’t monitoring this forum and claim my issue is not a pattern 

• I've had my Vivoactive  3 or 4 yrs and battery life is pretty decent, was thinking of upgrading to a vivoactive 4 but looking at these coments on the 3 and 4 re battery life I'll keep loving my Vivoactive a bit longer.

• If they answer at all, I reported it 2 weeks ago and still NO answer. Poor service. 

• 4 years is impossible and 3 too because the release date of vivoactive 3 was Q3 2017....

• My Vivoactive3 is now burning through the battery at about 5% per hour, even after 4 hours on charge and stuff like Bluetooth disabled.  Spoke to them yesterday and they suggested taking any added widgets/faces off (I only had one third party face installed which never caused a problem anyway). I went as far as factory resetting the watch and disabling a load of default stuff and it's still rubbish. Will be back in touch with them Monday for an RMA as it's still just about in warranty. 

• Having the same issue. I can barely get through a day all of the sudden and its exactly a year old. Ready to return it if it doesnt get fixed.