This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• Yet Garmin support insists that there are no issues, perhaps not enough % of Vivoactive 3 owners are experiencing it and we are just a small portion. Screenshot and post to to Instagram, Twitter and tag them?

• It's not uncommon for GARMN support to state they are not aware of issues. Is it due to bad training, poor staff communicaton or policy, who knows. 

• I've had my watch for just under 2yrs and charged it once a week until 6.60 update now I barely get 24hrs out of the battery even updated to 6.90 hoping that would cure it but it hasn't. I spoke to the helpline and they confirmed that they had an issue with the software and they were sorting it out. I'm still waiting. I just hope that this constant charging doesn't impact on the life of the battery. 

[10:22:18] Nima ok, seems to be an issue with the software which is something we are looking into, I will get you added to the case so we can let you know when it is resolved

• I got mine 3 months ago. First month. Once a week charge with 5 1 hour training sessions.

Last night i charged. Put on to track sleep. After i walked to work, 10 mins. its at 15% left. Really unusable for sleep and 1 days use.

• we are looking forward to the improved firmware

• Completely useless only getting 24hrs out of my vivo active 3 since I did an update last week, not happy, please help cannot even use for its purpose now. 

• I am suffering the same fate over here.

It's a relief to see other people also experiencing the same thing for I was starting to think it might only be my device that's the problem. I was even thinking of selling it and getting the iwatch.

Garmin please look into this bug for it's really taxing. I'm charging my watch more times than I do my phone now, especially if I workout, then I have to charge it twice in one day.

~T

• My v3 was at 56% last night, then 8% at 9am and now 1% at 11:50am. I have turned off Bluetooth and set the backlight to 0%. This battery drain has only started over the last few days. Unacceptable Garmin. I love this watch and can't afford the forerunner or fancy ones.

• My v3 was at 56% last night. 8% by 9am and now 1% as at 11:50am. I have bluetooth turned off and backlight to 0%. This battery drain has only started the last few days. Unacceptable Garmin. I love this watch and cannot afford a forerunner or fancy one.

• Same here! The vivoactive from my wife now only last few hours.. for example, charged at 15h.. with completely no use at all.. only in the desk, and ilumination at 20%, at 22h it already is on 75%!!!
    Not usable at all!!