This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drains fast

Since the latest update I am having to charge my watch twice a day. It is currently 13months old. I was using it connected to phone and to monitor my heart rate all day, and it would last 2 days. Including monitoring my training twice a day.

Since the update I have had to turn off Bluetooth and HR monitor and it still only lasts half the day. I have changed the display and alot of the settings to increase battery, but it hasn't helped.

Yesterday I did exercise on the morning, but my watch on charge starts at around 0900, at lunch time my watch was at 100% so put it back on and by 1530 it was down to 35% using it just as a watch. 

• I had the same problem with Garmin, I've had to contact them a few times and got the usual "we're looking into the issue" but the last time I stressed the fact that at the rate I was charging the watch it would kill the battery within a few months and he then  agreed to replace it. 

• After a couple of days of mega battery drain my Vivoactive has returned to normal, I'm not sure what has changed and I'm not aware of having changed any settings but it seems to be behaving itself now.

• I talked to support yesterday. They had me download Garmin Express onto my computer and plug my watch into the computer. They said to leave it plugged in for 4 hours. The battery was down 40 % in 12 hours . I was sleeping 9 hours of that. Phoned them today and they are sending me a refurbished one

• So I got a replacement on Sept. 26th because of my battery drain problem. I checked it and it was running software 4.90 which was fine. Last weekend, it updated to 6.90 and I panicked... but the first day or two was still manageable...

This morning at 2am I unplugged my watch at 100%, went back to bed and got up at 4am it was at 99%. No problem right? Since then it has dropped to 89% in 2 hours. I can already see where this is going. Looks like support might be hearing from me again.

• My watch has just started doing the same. Got in at the end of August and it.has been fantastic until the last week. Thought it was some apps I had put on so took them all off. Put it on charge the other night and went to bed 100% woke up with 36. 

Last night charged 100% and this morning 78%. 

Haven't even paid my watch off yet Sob hope this issue can be fixed 

• I had this same issue a few months back. 

I find that plugging it to some mains / power bank to charge, the battery still discharged at a ridiculously unusable rate. 

Charge using USB port on laptop gave me my "normal" 4-5 day battery life back. 

Still testing but will update later if it really is the case. 

• Hi may I please check whether you charged it using a different source? 

My vivoactive 3 HR discharges with the same problem if I charge it up using power banks or wall outlets.

But when I charge it using a laptop usb port, the battery life lasts the normal 4-6 days that I'd gotten until the issue surfaced. 

Anyone else can test and verify? 

• Hello, 

I have the same feedback on my wifi's vivo active.

I charged it with an USB charger in the evening. The next morning, battery was dead. 

Second day, did the same, same result.

Then on saturday I tried with a laptop. today the battery is still at 62%, with 1h activity. 

Strange, but I will now charge it with a computer.

• wife, not wifi...

• Hi, I just statted this week having theb same issue. Batteries was 100% when going to bed and wake up with 10% left. Any idea how to resolve this?