This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• FIXED! I had the "do not disturb" function on. After turning this function off, the gesture mode started working.

• I am having the same issue. So disappointing! The watch is lovely. I would appreciate being able to talk to someone from Garmin. 

• Hey! Glad you were able to get this figured out! If you have any other questions, just let us know!

• Same issue here, bought the watch  today. Waving and shaking doesn't help. Screen response  when tapping 4-5 times. The settings are: mode gesture always on,  sensitivity to high and timeout to medium. I notised that when I change settings to low sensitivity and timeout short (these are default settings) it works almost properly. Can I get more information, please. I am in Serbia

Hello! What software version is your watch on? Just to verify, when the watch is set to low and a short time out the watch works fine in regards to gesture and tapping the watch?

• I am having the same issue. So disappointing! The watch is lovely. I would appreciate being able to talk to someone from Garmin. 

Hello! Can you let me know what software version your watch is on and what the gesture settings are set to? Do you notice this issue in each different setting?

• Watch works fine in regards to gesture. Tapping does not work reguarly and always 100%. Actual Android app SW version is 4.41.1 

Today, watch sent notification for new firmware update 3.5 and update has been successfull.

SW 3.50

BLE 2.3

TCS 1.14

SENSOR 1.01

WHR 1.00.03

BMX 1.0.3

SEC BMX 0.9.1

• Watch works fine in regards to gesture. Tapping does not work reguarly and always 100%. Actual Android app SW version is 4.41.1 

Today, watch sent notification for new firmware update 3.5 and update has been successfull.

SW 3.50

BLE 2.3

TCS 1.14

SENSOR 1.01

WHR 1.00.03

BMX 1.0.3

SEC BMX 0.9.1

Do you still see this issue with the tapping not working in software version 3.50?

• It's been since I received the watch. The gesture settings are set to

Gesture always on

Sensitivity high

Time out long

It was problematic with the factory settings too, and tapping it rarely works, I generally have to attach it to the charger to "wake" it up. Also don't get phone notifications coming through either.

• Hi, I did those steps on Monday and it was working fine until today, when it did the same thing (luckily after I was finished at the gym). A

Again, the only difference in the walk to the gym and back was i took my hoodie off as I was warm from working out. I can't keep checking it on garmin express and resetting the watch all the time

• Are you located in the US or CAD?