This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

•  here is a link with the instructions that  is referencing.  Please make sure to follow those instructions exactly.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/lily/271400/lily---public-beta-4-91-now-available

• Hello. I am having exactly the same problem. I returned my watch for a replacement, but the replacement watch is doing the same thing. I love this watch, but having it stop working in the sun makes it pretty unusable for me :(. Do you have plans to fix this? I will have to try to find a different kind of watch if not.

• I had the same issue. Made warranty claim, received a new one... the same problem. Then found on forum information about new software released. Got it installed... it somewhat fixed the issue, although I had problem with connecting the watch with my phone so do not remove the device from Garmin Connect before you upgrade. Now I do not have waking up issue, but I do not get notifications or information about incoming calls unless I synchronize my watch with Garmin Connect in the morning. It is not perfect, but at least the watch is usable. I wait for new software releases ... hopefully it all will be fixed in next few software upgrades. 

Info about software I mentioned:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/lily/271400/lily---public-beta-4-91-now-available

(notice that it is BETA version and Garmin do not accept responsibility for issues - what shows how much of a *** how this issue is for the product development team) ;-)

• Please assist my lily watch is only 3 weeks old, does not track steps or activity and the screen stops working. I have to put on charge to reboot for a few seconds for it to start responding. Movement or double tap does not work. Very frustrating i have been looking forward to my new watch. All connected correctly. Please help what even more disappointing is reading similar responses in the site.

• Same!! I got my lily August 5th and today the movement activation for the screen and the double tap are not working. I didn't pay $200 for the watch to work occasionally.

• Same issue. The first one that I got just didn't work at all. It was buzzing all the time for no reason, starting activities when I wasn't moving, and freezing regularly. I figured it was just a faulty unit so I called and exchanged it for a new one. This one works a little better, but still isn't good. The main issue is that it freezes up for no reason. It will run for a couple of days at the most before it just goes blank and can't be woken up. The only way I've found to reset it is to attach it to the charger. My family has had good experiences with Garmin in the past but this is really turning me off the brand.

• Incredible but trough, the 3rd Lily watch was the right one.

As described in this post we all have more or less them same issue with the Lily watch. After 2 replacements from Garmin, the 3rd Lily has no problems. No freeze, no battery drain, no wake-up problem .. everything works just fine. The Firmware was 4.6 but I am sure that the problem is not the Software but the Hardware.

Is there a problem with some production series of the Lily. What ever, I can recommend you to ask to replace the watch until ONE will work. Good look !  

• My garmin lily watch is new and it turns off sometimes when I go outside. It only turns back on when it is plugged  into the charger, even though it is already charged. 

• Hello. The same is true for me (lily). The device has already been replaced with a warranty, but it also freezes, I don't know what to eat, because I really like the watch, but it's very bad. I turned off activity tracking but it still freezes, it goes with 5.3 software. I'm clueless....