This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily - Public Beta 4.91 Now Available

Lily Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.91:

• Improve system reliability to wake up the device without trouble.

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Lily to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Make sure the Garmin Express is running and your Lily is registered on Garmin Express so that it can detect your device and enable the storage drive on you PC.
  3. Download and unzip Lily_beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Safely eject the storage drive from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-460.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-460.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before eject the device storage drive. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Hi, how to connect garmin lily to garmin express? I tried all the methods but garmin express can't find my device connected via USB to my computer. And there is no such choice manually. Has anyone managed to do that? If so, maybe you can share. Thank you

• It seems that this beta isn't solving the problem with gesture and that the watch freezes. 
    https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/lily/271573/screen-not-responding 

• My computer couldn't find my watch either, until I checked for updates 'other updates' on my Windows Update page (with my Lily connected to my computer). Once the Garmin driver was installed, my Lily was found.  Hope this helps .... and I hope the updates sorts out this VERY frustrating watch!

• Do you have a different cable to try? My mum had the same issue recently, tracked down to there being 2 different cables: charging, and data (which also charges)
    Mine came with a data charging cable and I bought a data cable as a spare too (always have a spare charger!). My mum, in a different country, got a charging cable with hers and had the same issue, due to lack of data connectors within the cable.

• Awesome, I'm installing this as we speak. I did notice a significant improvement in battery life after the 4.60 update too - charged Monday morning for about 3 hours, and now (nearly noon Wednesday) I'm only at 66%. Last charge got me 5 and a half days and it was only at 21% when I charged. Keen to see how this new update goes

• Perfect timing as I was just getting ready to return my Lily watch.  I suggest you provide a link in step # 2 to download the Garmin Express software, since many in this forum are just getting started with the product (https://www.garmin.com/en-US/software/express/windows/).  I was able to complete the steps and I'm hopeful this will fix the wake-up issue.

Thank you  

• I finally got it to connect.  You have to update the drivers in the app.  Google - "Download and Installation of Garmin Mode Device Drivers".  That does allow the computer to see the watch, but I can't get the software to install.

• Hey everyone. Could you please tag me and let me know what issues you are seeing while running this beta and/or what issues that you were having prior to running this beta, but are no longer experiencing?
  • I'm noticing no major difference except that the battery seems to last longer (somehow got a full week out of the last charge!), and tapping the screen to wake is more responsive. I didn't use pulseox during that charge and don't use my Lily to track recorded activities (got my Forerunner for running etc), but wear it 24/7 otherwise with hrm and smartphone notifications. 

Wrist movement to wake seems much the same as ever, about half the time it won't wake simply by lifting my arm and flicking my wrist to see the screen.