This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touchscreen Locking Up

Hello all,

As of October 4th, we have released software version 5.40 that includes improvements for this issue. If you have experienced this issue we encourage you to update your Lily. Your watch will automatically get the update if paired to the Garmin Connect app. You can also use Garmin Express to update your Lily. See Adding and Removing Devices in Garmin Express for more information about adding your Lily to Garmin Express. Post any feedback in this thread.

• Changing the setting did not resolve the issue. 
    Bluetooth is active and connected to phone. But Garmin app is not syncing. 
    Heart sensor is not working. Screen and gestures unresponsive.

Firmware is 5.3 and device is 2 days old.

Watch become unresponsive after a short walk

• Hello. The same is true for me. I've already replaced the device with a warranty - it's also frost I don't know what to do because I really like the watch, but it's very bad. 

• "Garmin" says always to connect the Lily to Garmin Express. Ma wife have had 3 different Garmin Lily (because of the freeze problem) and none of them is recognized by Garmin Express !!!

I have actually a Garmin Fenix 6 Pro (before the Fenix 3 and 5) and Edge 1030+ (before 520 and 530) and yes, all of them are recognized by Garmin Express. But the Lily is definitely not detected by Garmin Express. The Lily watch is even not detected as an external unit. I even tried it on several PC but the Lily does not exist for the PC.

Concerning the Lily Software and the Frozen Problem: Sure, I cannot prove it, but it is more than logic that the freeze problem is not related to a Software bug but to a Hardware production failure. There must be  series of production of the Lily which has some Hardware defects.

Or how can Garmin explain, that my first two watches have had the freeze problem and the third one not (same parameters, same firmware).

With the two none-working Lily I deactivated everything, just to trying to avoid the freeze problem. But without success. I deactivated the gesture Mode, Move IQ and all other autom. detection.

Well, my wife is happy now, because the third Lily watch works very fine, with the Firmware 3.10 (when delivered), with 4.60 (automatic update) and now 5.30 (automatic update).

Best regards from a Garmin Fan (but not a Lily Fan)

• Julesvandiepen and Máthé Balázs have you both updated to 5.30 AND turned off the Automatic Activity Start feature?

• Yes, I did changed the settings and the firmware is 5.30. The watch keeps locking up. Very annoying and not the quality you expect

• Hi! 

I have both updated to 5.30 AND turned off the Automatic Activity Start feature, but the watch is still freezing, always when I walk (manually triggered "walk" activity)

• Hi, I have the same issue as the other users.

Update to 5.30 + Turn off the auto activty start + Turn off Move IQ does NOT fix the issue. 

To reprodue the issue : On the watch, select Activities > Walk > waiting for GPS > click to ignore to record the session without GPS > double tap to start > the tracking of the time and distance start. The screen turns off after few minutes. and you cannot turn it on again (by double taping it). The screen turns on only when you plug it back to the charging device. 

It's super annoying. Imagine you go for a walk or a run. You can't even check the time. 

• All this is normal.It's not a Software problem. (see my information above)

• Maybe the problem is in the device

• Lily's Software SW version is 5.30, no improvement. 

1. No 

2. Device turns off when worn outdoors, does not record any data, must be plugged in via charger to reset watch.