This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touchscreen Locking Up

Hello all,

As of October 4th, we have released software version 5.40 that includes improvements for this issue. If you have experienced this issue we encourage you to update your Lily. Your watch will automatically get the update if paired to the Garmin Connect app. You can also use Garmin Express to update your Lily. See Adding and Removing Devices in Garmin Express for more information about adding your Lily to Garmin Express. Post any feedback in this thread.

• Alas, I just received my Lily 2 days ago and am having the blank screen unresponsive issue. I have turned off auto start activity. I have now changed gesture to off. Hoping for a fix soon or I'll have to return it.

• I'm so disappointed with Lily that I'm now using my old Vivosmart4. Lily's firmware is 5.30, automatic activity start feature is deactivated and I still experience the issue. When I start Walking mode it becomes unresponsive. I can't even tell what time it is. I had to ask Apple watch users who were with me hiking for the time. I don't know if the freeze is more annoying or when I go back home and manage to wake it up by connecting to charger and find out that my activity is not even reflected.

Garmin, please fix this issue.

• Is there any update to this situation? I would like working watch or a refund. Who can I speak with to have this situation addressed?

• Hi, 

My firmware is 5.30, Automatic Activity start feature is turned off.
    The screen was frozen again when I was just sitting in front of my computer. Lily was not connected to my phone, no activities were in progress, the battery was 52%.

• None of the setting updates worked for me, it freezes or goes blank at least once per day.  I am new to Garmin (bought it in early Aug) and regret my decision.  I have to carry around a power bank and charge connector and connect it up to 10x a day.  This is not normal. 

Spoken to many people about this at Garmin since i purchased directly from website. I would like a refund since i was sold a product under false pretenses.  Waiting for a future software update is not the solution. 

• Hello, I am just chasing an update. I know that the lily screen turning off and becoming unresponsive is a known issue that Garmin are trying to fix, I'm just hoping for an update on this. Do you know what the cause is and when it might be fixed? It's very frustrating when the screen turns off as I cannot even use it as a normal watch and I cannot plug it in to turn it back on when I'm not home, so it basically becomes a pretty bracelet. I paid a lot if money for this watch and I'm very upset that it's not working. Thanks. 

• Update:

It looks like the 4.9 beta version was not installed in the end. The watch has started to freeze again. It seams to also start behaving improperly when using the Walk app. Which is new from the 5.3 version. This is becoming ridiculous... 

• mine does the same. i've updated software, turned off auto activity, my lily turned itself off day at 95% battery. its funny it tracks my sleep totally, fine plus every activity that is nothing, but as soon as i go walking it turns itself off. Garmin, can you actually provide a work around that actually works please ?

• HI Garmin-Kevin, none of these changes have resolved the issue. My lily was at 95% charge today, went walking and it turned off again. I could only get it to turn back on when putting on the charger. Firmware is at 5.30. The auto activity turned off. Gesture on high, long timeout, i dont know what else you would change. Funny how it records your sleep with no glitches but whenever i want to go walking which is what i bought it for, it turns itself off partway through. so far since buying it, i've only had 2 days that it hasnt turned itself off

• Hello all.  We are continuing to investigate the root cause of this issue and test solutions.  Thank you for your continued patience with us while we work to develop a fix for this issue.