This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Touchscreen Locking Up

Hello all,

As of October 4th, we have released software version 5.40 that includes improvements for this issue. If you have experienced this issue we encourage you to update your Lily. Your watch will automatically get the update if paired to the Garmin Connect app. You can also use Garmin Express to update your Lily. See Adding and Removing Devices in Garmin Express for more information about adding your Lily to Garmin Express. Post any feedback in this thread.

• thanks for your input. The past two days I have covered my Lily with a headband to keep the sun off it...not yet long sleeve weather yet (not complaining)....and it worked like a charm for my runs.

• Thank you all for continuing to share your troubleshooting and experiences with each other.  I have passed along this info to our Engineering team who continues to work toward a fix for this issue.

• Thanks Kevin but Garmin has just told me to pay 96 pounds to get my watch repaired. So is it a hardware problem or is it a firmware update problem? Obviously I would be even more unhappy if I paid 100 pounds to not get my watch fixed. What to do? 

• We have released software version 5.40 that includes improvements for this issue. If you have experienced this issue we encourage you to update your Lily. Your watch will automatically get the update if paired to the Garmin Connect app. You can also use Garmin Express to update your Lily. See Adding and Removing Devices in Garmin Express for more information about adding your Lily to Garmin Express. Post any feedback in this thread.

• - I show that you have a vivoactive 3. This thread and update applies to the Garmin Lily.

• Where can I download software for manual update. Garmin Express nor Garmin Connect is not finding new software, and says version 5.30 is actual. I'm located in Poland.

• This sw update has just now been released to 100% of customers, so you should now be able to update.  Garmin Express is (for me) the more reliable way of pushing the update to the watch.

• I just tested the watch on a walk, and unfortunately, even with the update, it still became unresponsive. I planned ahead and had a fabric band to cover it if it did crash, and my charging cable and a power source to turn it back on. It quit about a quarter-mile into my walk. Covering it after I got it turned back on, prevented it from crashing again.  

• Unfortunately not 100%, but it's something... if it's in the sun and there's strong light it freezes completely but if it goes back into the shade or under a T-shirt it wakes up immediately! at least you don't have to put it on a charger but that's not good.

• Prior to the 5.40 update, I turned off gesture and auto-brightness, and for the most part that solved the issue, except for one instance (on 10/4 prior to update) where the step goal celebration came on, and me touching the face overloaded the system and it froze for the rest of the day (I was out and not able to clip it back into the power). I suppose to be expected, but I have a recurring alarm set for it, and the face turned back on for the alarm and was fine after that.

After downloading the update, I had one instance of the face dying during an activity (10/9), but it was still able to keep that activity going (whereas prior to 5.40 it would also quit the activity after the face froze), and when I hit the mile marker and it turned the face on, the tracker worked fine for the rest of the activity and the rest of the day.