This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Screen Frozen, Not Responding, or Gesture and Touch Do Not Work

i bought a lily a few days ago. as soon as I go to the sun the screen no longer lights up either with the movement of the hand or by typing

beta 4.91 improves the situation a bit. but it is not yet perfect. as soon as I go into the sun the screen goes out. and the watch restarts when I get home. the only improvement is I no longer need to plug in the watch for it to wake up.

• Neither, located in the uk

• Ok, Here is the support number I would like for you to call. The way the device is performing is not accurate at all. Garmin UK Support

• It's been since I received the watch. The gesture settings are set to

Gesture always on

Sensitivity high

Time out long

It was problematic with the factory settings too, and tapping it rarely works, I generally have to attach it to the charger to "wake" it up. Also don't get phone notifications coming through either.

Okay, I have sent you an email!

• Got my Lily yesterday, and been having the same annoying gesture and tapping issues. Connecting it to charger helps, but it's not a viable solution!

Settings:

Gesture always on

Sensitivity high

Time out long

I'm in Latvia. Can you help, please?

• Hi,

No I do not see problem with tapping, anymore. It works fine, now. Thanks. 

• Hi, I have had the exact same issue, I've owned the watch for 3 days! Turned off the first day (after full charge) and only turned back on once plugged into charger...it still had full battery. Day 3 and the same thing has happened again with 92% battery. Pretty ridiculous for this to happen when brand new and the only way for it to start again is to plug into the charger that is at home. Not ideal at all! First Garmin watch purchased and I don't think I will be buying another, very disappointing. 

• Frequently (but not always) if I go outside during the day and walk briskly, my lily watch turns off and no longer will show the screen when I move my arm or double tap the screen. If I am still connected to the phone, notifications will come through but I cannot "wake" the watch back up except when a notification comes in. It does not track heart rate or anything and seems truly shut off. The unfortunate second part to this is that anytime I walk away from my phone I have to manually pair the watch and phone again using the watch and I cannot do this because I cannot activate my watch screen. If I plug the watch into the charger it "wakes" back up and turns on, but I do not plan to carry my watch charger with me everywhere.

Is there a way to "fix" it so that my watch does not turn off or go to sleep? Is there a way to fix the glitch of having to manually reconnect anytime I get out of range of my phone? Is there another watch that does not have these issues? I will need to send this one back I think otherwise.

• Hey there! The watch should not be performing this way. We currently have a case opened on this. Can you tell me if you are in the US or CAD?

• I am having the same issue, but my "do not disturb" is not on nor was it. Cannot get my watch to turn on with gesture.