Repeat crashing / rebooting after 16.22 update

Hello, after the recent update to 16.22 my tactix 7 pro ballistics seems to randomly reboot whenever it feels like it. The few times I've noticed it, it also appears to be updating the maps before / after the occurrence. Is this a known issue with a solution or is a rollback required?

Top Replies

All Replies

• I don't do anything at all, I only have it on my hand, and suddenly I want to see what time it is and I only see the inscription tactix and a restart in progress... sometimes when I charge the watch to 100%, it restarts 20 times a day, when the battery drops below 50 % reboots usually disappear until the next charge. the first 50% charge is mostly discharged in 2 days due to constant restarts :), with the previous SW version I never had a restart

• can't there be a problem with setting the language of the device?? we have 3 tactix 7 devices at home and they all have reboots since the 16.22 update

• So when I got the watch replacement it was a "clean install" the only thing added was spotify with 50ish songs downloaded.

I'd removed training plans, maps were stock and updated via express - there was nothing else added and a day later it crashed/froze repeatedly.

I tried then removing everything (including spottily) and updated to 17.12 and that also started freezing/crashing after approx 24 hours.

The only think I can think of was adding sensors to the indoor bike ride - there was nothing else added, but I guess it's possible there was something in my connect account that would sync to the watch, but I can't think of anything big or unusual. I mainly use it to record activities and that's it anything else could be the automatic sync that could cause an issue.

Since downgrading (16 hours) it's working on 15.77 - but I'll see how it goes in case it's something weird.

• Cheers for the thorough investigation, and I'm sorry that things still weren't working out despite a clean install.

Someone else mentioned that their issue only started after they connected the watch to express and updated, so there's a lead.

Im going to potentially sacrifice my own watch tomorrow by connecting it to express and attempting a maps update. I'll let you all know how that goes, and then the recovery efforts if that results in it crashing out.

• tactix 7 Pro Ballistics. Was having the repeated rebooting until a hard reset. Last week I ran system update on the watch it had a “time zone map” update. Installed that update and haven’t had an issue since. Knock on wood. 

• Got the same random rebooting today for the first time. While doing nothing in particular the backlight turned on, the watch crashed then did 3-4 rebooting cycles before being fine again (for now). Hope this does not happen during a race !!

• Same for me random reboot after I had 16.22 for 3 weeks on my Fenix 7x solar

• I am removing Spotify and couple of other apps to make more space and see what happens 16.22 Fenix 7X Solar APAC

• After the update the watch freezes a few seconds after entering the activities screen.

• Same issue here now as well on my Tactix 7 Pro Solar.  Constant and continuous rebooting after the new update.

Any formal response / resolution from the Engineering Team?