This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• Just got my 6x Saphire today, same issue.  Haven’t completed the firmware update yet however.

• Just commenting that I have the exact same issue. Sensor lights up for a few seconds, gets a reading sometimes, but turns off after 3-5 seconds. No consistent heart rate readings. Same messages when trying ox.

• Just updated to 3.0 firmware via Express, no apparent change (still seems broken).

• I received mine today and have the same exact issue, I also updated to 3.0.0 and performed a reset, no change.

I am going to send this thing back for a refund and wait a while until they work out the bugs. It seems like a very common issue looking at all the posts.

• What is the behavior of my watch?

• Pulse is not reading reliably
      • During sessions it would loose signal, or start pick up signal about 15-20 minutes in
      • During the day it would hardly pick up the signal at all. Green light is turned off most of the time but even if on it does not pick up most of the time.
      • light behavior: Not blinking, a red flash before it shuts down again.
      • When the watch is shook the sensors light up again.
    • PulseOx: no reading at all. Never got one. It loops between "Measuring" and "Keep Still" - LEDs dark.

So to sum up what i tried so far:

Non of it fixed my issue. However one thing improved my situation so far:

• SENSORS & ACCESSORIES > PULSE OXIMETER > SLEEP PULSE OX: Off
    • SENSORS & ACCESSORIES > PULSE OXIMETER > ACCLIMATION: Manual

So basically disabling PulseOX improved the situation so far but just a bit. now while writing this summary i still have no reading for example.

Threads of people having the same issues:

1. This thread: https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/171981/fenix-6x-sapphire-largely-not-working-hr-no-pulseox
    2. https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/171679/fenix-6-update
    3. https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/172392/pulse-ox-tells-me-to-keep-still-even-though-i-m-not-moving-and-won-t-give-me-a-reading
    4. https://forums.garmin.com/outdoor-recreation/outdoor-recreation/f/fenix-6-series/172385/wrist-ohr-query-issue

At this point it looks like a software issue. possibly a power management issue and an interference with the PulseOx sensor.

Small Update:

After a soft reset my wrist HR is now measured again. (having PulseOx off and still after resetting waiting for a bit). One thing which is maybe worth mentioning that now the LED is blinking instead of a constant light. Thats the first time i noticed that behavior.

• Your post PERFECTLY summarized my entire afternoon with this device. I've done all the same things you've tried, all three versions of reset, updated, charged to 100%, rebooted, turned off PulseOX, even shaved the top of my wrist!! 

Question now is... do I ask Support to RMA the device while it's still brand new, or do I wait for a software fix, unsure if the issue is software or hardware... Will Garmin provide a new _tested_ device for RMA? If I wait and see if they fix it, will they replace it with a refurbished device later down the line when my device is worn after 2-4 weeks of use? 

I don't wanna put wear and tear on this device if it's gonna need to be replaced.. How's Garmin usually handling these kinds of issues? 

I've also played around with the power profiles, thinking they turn off the sensors, but it made no difference. The sensor will turn on briefly, but it's like something shuts it off after 3-5 seconds.

• No such problems on my F6 sapphire.
    Had the watch freeze once, while measuring Pulse OX from the widget. Had to force a reboot so maybe software is still not bug free yet.
    However HR data is quite relevant, no gaps in or out of activity, and sleep Pulse OX is also working normally.
    Maybe your watch has a faulty sensor... In your position I think I'd ask a replacement.

• All I can say to you all is that I had these problems on the device from Garmin directly.

When I went and bought another device from a store it worked instantly.  No changes to settings, no mucking around.  It went on the wrist, it tracked instantly and has done so ever since.

In my mind there are a bunch of devices with broken elevate sensors so I would say to you that if you are having issues and the watch doesnt work right out of the box then talk to support and RMA it or return it to the store for exchange / try another device.

These things should just work.  It shouldnt take changing settings and mucking about.  In my case changing the device worked instantly.

• I had a F6 Sapphire Titanium arrive yesterday and experiencing the exact same issue with OHR deciding it often doesn't want to work...

• Same problem here. My pulse HR was showing perfectly first 5 days. Yesterday I change the settings for Pulse Ox and since then ....

Changing it back doesn't do the trick.