This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi,

i have quiet another related issue to this:

HR is working without any problems on my Fenix Pro Saphire, but i have strange issues with PulsOX.

Today i saw, that last PulsOX checking was 7 hours ago.

It starts manually when you are inside the widget.

So is that related to the same Software issue?

• If you are having an issue obtaining a heart rate with your fenix 6 series device, first please verify the wrist heart rate is turned on:

1. Press and hold the middle left button for the Main Menu
    2. Select Sensors & Accessories
    3. Select Wrist Heart Rate
    4. Toggle Status to Auto

Avoid placing the watch over tattoos. Depending on your physiology you may need to place the watch on the inside of your wrist. Also, try the steps in this article: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=xQwjQjzUew4BF1GYcusE59

For continued issues, we at Garmin are urgently working on a software fix and expect an update soon.

• Nope!  If it doesnt work out of the box it goes back.  No ifs no buts.

Btw been a week, wheres my money?

• Sounds like pulseox is set to sleep?

• An update regards to my F6x pro replacement. It still works without any problems after the 3.0 software update.

• I upgraded from a Fenix 5 plus to Fenix 6X Pro Solar, which I received today. Same issue. I have found turning off HR/Pulse Ox then turning only HR back on, leaving PulseOx at manual, allows for HR to function. @Garmin-Health please advise when firmware update is available. As a shareholder, I find it most frustrating that you botched this product release. 

• Just to add to this, i thought it may have been firmware however i returned mine to the shop where i purchased it and they replaced it, the new one has no issues at all no matter which firmware its on, hr works perfect and Pulse ox although can be and always has been a bit patchy works as well so i would say get it changed.

• Same error, just unpacked My Fenix 6x Sapphire, no Heart rate via the builtin sensor. Updated the watch to version 3.0 via Garmin Express, no changes to the status of the sensor. Tried to disable and enable it again (Automatic / Off)

Talked to support, and they told me that they expect a quick fix.....

So much from upgrading from my old 5X Sapphire to a new 6x :-(

• Just noticed something strange. Two Fenix 6 and two OHR sensors differents.

Fenix 6 on other thread of this forum : 

And my Fenix 6 (which has OHR/Pulse OX issue) : 

• That's interesting, my 6X Sapphire with the OHR issue looks like yours as well.