This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• Since it's software problem and not yet a an firmware release, why on some, changing the watch solve this problem ? At least user damoncahil has the same s/w.

• I am having the same issue with my fenix 6 Sapphire: Pulse OX is not getting any data and when it is enabled the HR sensor stops functioning as well, reading the pulse randomly about once per minute. I tried rebooting, hard resetting it to factory settings and updating it to 3.0 software version - the problem is still present. I contacted Garmin Support via Chat and the support engineer was not aware of people having the same problem, so I provided him this link. He recommended me a hard reset (which I did for a second time) and couldn't advise me whether to wait for a firmware update or take the watch back and get a replacement. Basically he told me to do whatever I want. Not nice.

• Today is the first day i have quite consistent readings - currently about 70-80% of the time i have a pulse reading. I did not change any settings, firmware nor how i wear the watch. I am also sitting in the same room with the same light conditions. (which i thought may be an issue).

The only difference is the weather. i live in austria and since yesterday it cooled off quite rapidly.

So if for example the temperature could be a reason for the sensor working or not could be due to different tolerances with regards to temperature between different units for example.

that could explain why one unit works and the other doesn't.

• Original post from DC Rainmaker

"Ok got a bit of an update on this one. In short, they’re aware of it (from an senior engineering/management standpoint) and a fix is already in the works from a software standpoint. Support is using hardware swaps as the fastest way to fix the issue for customers that run into it. It sounds like the software fix is already in internal beta validation though.

It’s not an issue they saw in beta testing, but have a pretty clear path to fix is pretty quickly."

• I did a web chat with Garmin support yesterday and described the issue. He said “this is mostly a software issue”. Mostly??? That does not exactly instill confidence. I requested a return RMA for a full refund...

What is disturbing to me is how some people are getting replacement devices that work fine. You’d think if software were the problem nobody would have a functional unit.

• By the way - how is your RMA process going? I got my RMA number and am now unsure how long this could take.

• Just my 2 cents...
    I have a F6 sapphire which OHR working perfectly for one week. No issue on this side.
    But Pulse OX has proven not to work properly, and has frozen the watch multiple times so I have disabled it (living at roughly 200m altitude so it's kinda pointless anyway).
    I assume even people with functional watches would have some issues eventually if using pulse Ox reading on a quite regular basis. At some point it tends to mess with HR monitoring...
    So I wouldn't be surprised if next update solves the issue completely.

• "What is disturbing to me is how some people are getting replacement devices that work fine. "

I am aware that's may be a different sensors vendor/version in device series.

If it really is, it's not fair to all customers. They may be less accurate and precise

• I have disabled pulse OX as well as tried all sorts of resets. It does not appear that pulse OX works AT ALL on my unit. The OHR will try to work for a few minutes but will quit trying quickly, even with pulse ox turned to manual / off during sleep. 

• Seconding this. Faulty out-of-the box requires new device.

The only firmware that needs replacement is the one that calculates salaries of Garmin Quality Team...