This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 6x Sapphire Largely Not Working HR & No PulseOx

Just got my 6x today and I'm having problems with HR.

Huge gaps, no pulseox.  Green lights rarely on if I lift it up.

Tried resetting, formatting, different tightnesses, other wrist, different positions.

Think I got a duff device Disappointed

Top Replies

All Replies

• Former Member Any information about this issue ? Is it software or hardware related ?

• Same issue, will be returning my F6 Sapphire Titanium. Just deciding whether to stick with my reliable 645M or get a replacement F6

• It seems to be a software interference between pulse HR and PulseOx.

I set the sleep PulseOx off and Acclimatisation on manual. The Pulse HR once off and on again (?). And a soft reset (20 sec Light button).

Now the HR showing again in my watch face (for 30 minutes now).

• Also I would say updating firmware is a red herring.  In the shop my replacement worked out of the box with 2.20 still on it.

These should just work, my replacement did just work.

If yours is not working get it replaced.

• I agree - the software seems not to work at the moment for all. Can you share with us which version you are currently using?

• Also I would say updating firmware is a red herring.

Yes thats maybe true. But since this seems to be such a common issue - especially since people reported that they upgraded my hopes are still high that another firmware update fixes this issue.

I absolutely do agree with you that the devices should work right out of the box! Especially at this price point :) I already issued an RMA request but i still have hope :)

Do you have upgraded your current watch to 3.0.0 now too or running on 2.2?

• It was 2.2 when I picked it up, worked 100% before and after updating to 3.0.0.

It's now currently on 3 and there is no difference in performance.  My experience is that if you are having problems I would say you have a defective device.

• I have made some more tests with HR+OXI

when i just use HR its works as expected (with/without activity),

then when i turn on oximeter and during activity HR workks

but when i stops after 10sec HR is empty and displaying "--"

when i back to activity then HR start again mesuremant after about ~30-60sec.

so i think watch is switching to OX (because as i assume OX measure only during inactivity) but with no result on side OX and HR

i saw some test videos on youtube with garmin fenix 5X, where one guy put sensors on the fingertip and OX measurement start measuring just after 5-10sec, (link to video start at 35 min.)

https://youtu.be/sRHrMOB3rs0?t=2108

so i just tried to do the same but without any result, oximeter widget display No Data an then in loop Measuring <-> Keep Still,

also oximeter animated icon stops on first step

• Same issue.  About to contact support (to swap it with a new one?).

• Might well be a blindingly obvious question, but just wanted to be sure that if you are having this problem that this is your primary device and is set as preferred activity tracker. Of course, not an issue if you only have one device.