This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No GPS Signal

Hey all. I recently got the new Garmin S62 and notice that it takes FOREVER like 10-20mins IF that) to pick up a GPS signal. Not sure if any new owners are having the same issue. I also on the Garman fenix 5x plus. I put both watches side-by-side and the 5X would pick up the GPS signal in seconds. Anyone having the same issue?

• Hi Chris,

Appreciate your answers but tried all of  these and none worked. I'm in Myrtle Beach and play dozens of courses. Got this watch last week as a present and very disappointed . We have 6 Garmin products in our family but this is a big fail .

I'm afraid this is unworkable for me so please let me know the refund procedures as I will stick with my current Garmin and revisit in a year or two

Thank you

• Hello all,

my last reply was after using my watch a few times with success after doing the factory reset and reconnecting to connect/golf. This was in Washington and California where it was working. Now here in Kauai where I turned my s62 on and it went back to just showing the overall yardage on hole 1 (house is on hole 4) and not updating while moving around. Powered up my s60 that I’ve used here for multiple years and it is doing the same thing! Have been around the world with my s60 and have always been impressed with courses it’s found without a hitch. There is something new going on not just limited to the s62 it would seem. Going to try the factory reset on both and will update

• UPDATE: I went and played at a country club yesterday and the results have been fairly consistent with what everyone is complaining about. I was able to get a GPS signal within seconds, HOWEVER, once I was on the course, the yardage takes awhile update. I have the S62 linked with the CT10 as well. Unfortunately, several times while on the course, i grabbed the wrong club due to the wrong yardage info. Not even half way through, I just stopped looking at the watch and just used it to keep score.

• On to my third factory reset on both using different combos of removing devices from connect/golf or leaving them, pairing with phone during initial setup or not, bla bla bla. Neither of them moving yardages at all. Used pinpointer on the S62 and it pointed toward the green as if i were standing on the 1rst tee box and would adjust when I moved. This is getting very frustrating especially since I brought my S60 as a backup in case this happened and it is worthless now too. That Tag Heuer or golf buddy is starting to look attractive.

• I am sorry your Approach S62 has not worked well. I have sent you a Private Message.

• yep same here. Everything device I've had recently (Garmin) and i've had a few albeit more biking GPS's but i've also got a Fenix 5 plus have had GPS with Glonass or Galileo.  S62 only seems to have GPS, which seems odd for something as new as this.  I've got the S62 as well and confirm the GPS lock is terrible, unuable.  I'm almost at the point of requesting a re-fund due to not fit for purpose.  Haven't played a round of golf yet with the watch and i don't want to, i'll just use the Fenix 5 which kind of defeats the whole purpose of buying the S62!

• Hi Chris, this problem does not seem to just go away, I have this watch for two weeks now, and the same problem as described by other users is happening to me.

Locating satellites takes ages, and when it finally finds the course, it will not update the yardage. It is just unusable and sad. I've been following this forum since the beginning and did all the updates, resets and whatnot.

Please fix this soon

• Well dang. I just called support on Monday, got my RMA and sent my watch off for a replacement. Would love to hear if the patch fixed it.

• To reply to all. I initially wasn’t able to get the watch GPS to track me like everyone else in here. Same exact problem where it would pick me up only when I initially started the round but never again. Through a little troubleshooting with tech support via phone, we used Garmin express update the course map. It was the same version that I already had installed on the watch. But I still tried it. I also let it track me via a run setting for about 30 min one day while driving. Basically, I just wanted the device to work the GPS for a bit. The recorded activity accurately reflected time and distance for the whole “run.”  

I went out to play another round on Monday and it worked perfectly. I played two rounds with no issues at all.  

Note this was all on software version 2.1. I plan on updating to 2.8 today. Hope this helps some.